Harry Reid to the rescue

It's about as unconscionable as Chuckie Schumer issuing the press release about Indymac Bank, except Harry doesn't "name names" - what a tool.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., pressed for passage, with the alarming news that one of the country's premier insurance companies was about to go bankrupt if the crisis was not quickly resolved.

If the majority of members of Congress, including Mr. Reid, weren't so pathetic, they would be comical.

This country is in big trouble, and it grows worse by the day.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., pressed for passage, with the alarming news that one of the country's premier insurance companies was about to go bankrupt if the crisis was not quickly resolved.

ABC News: Candidates Leave Campaign Trail, Head to DC for Bailout Vote

Here is what Reid said:

"We don't have a lot of leeway on time. One of the individuals in the caucus today talked about a major insurance company. A major insurance company -- one with a name that everyone knows that's on the verge of going bankrupt. That's what this is all about,"

Oh...and then his spokesman sez this helpful remark:

"Senator Reid is not personally aware of any particular company being on the verge of bankruptcy. He has no special knowledge about [a bankruptcy] nor has he talked to any insurance company officials," said Jim Manley, spokesman for Sen. Reid

Whaaaaa??????? Then why the HELL did Reid say it in the first place?

Oh...and it gets better:

Insurers dive on Reid's 'bankrupt' quote - Oct. 2, 2008

Because of Reid's lie, insurance companies are bleeding even more. Met down 16%, Hartford down 30%, AXA down 12.5%...and the list goes on. Oh so helpful with the fragile economy we are in.

And I wonder how much dough was lost because of this idiots remarks. Do you think anyone is going to investigate him? It really makes me think that some of these deranged dems really want certain industries to fail so they can conveniently take them over. I can hear it now..."you see folks...it's greed, capitalism run amok. Let ol' Uncle Sam take care of it and it will get all better. Don't forget to vote for me in November now...ya hear? After all...I am here to save you".

Thank you and congratulations Harry Reid...you are a REAL AMERICAN A$$HOLE!

Here is what Reid said:

"We don't have a lot of leeway on time. One of the individuals in the caucus today talked about a major insurance company. A major insurance company -- one with a name that everyone knows that's on the verge of going bankrupt. That's what this is all about,"

Oh...and then his spokesman sez this helpful remark:

"Senator Reid is not personally aware of any particular company being on the verge of bankruptcy. He has no special knowledge about [a bankruptcy] nor has he talked to any insurance company officials," said Jim Manley, spokesman for Sen. Reid

Whaaaaa??????? Then why the HELL did Reid say it in the first place?

Oh...and it gets better:

Insurers dive on Reid's 'bankrupt' quote - Oct. 2, 2008

Because of Reid's lie, insurance companies are bleeding even more. Met down 16%, Hartford down 30%, AXA down 12.5%...and the list goes on. Oh so helpful with the fragile economy we are in.

And I wonder how much dough was lost because of this idiots remarks. Do you think anyone is going to investigate him? It really makes me think that some of these deranged dems really want certain industries to fail so they can conveniently take them over. I can hear it now..."you see folks...it's greed, capitalism run amok. Let ol' Uncle Sam take care of it and it will get all better. Don't forget to vote for me in November now...ya hear? After all...I am here to save you".

Thank you and congratulations Harry Reid...you are a REAL AMERICAN A$!

I'm going to try not to yell this but....

THIS CALLS IMMEDIATELY FOR AN SEC INVESTIGATION INTO HARRY REID AND ALL ASSOCIATED WITH HIM!!!

Who stands to profit from this action? Someone did. Once again, the "little guy" takes it in the shorts.

I've tried to refrain from thinking that the Dems deliberately sabotage the economy for political gain. That is sort of an extreme right-wing crackpot idea.

On the other hand... Every bit of bad news puts McCain further behind in the polls. Is Reid totally stupid and/or corrupt? Or is this deliberate to insure that the Dems win? Seeming less crackpot by the minute.

I think both parties could have put together a better ticket. I also believe the DNC & RNC are looking beyond this election and already trying to regroup for 2012.

Back