Has Any Med Advantage Co Ever Told You how to Pass Death Renewals?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
When an agent dies, how does the agent pass on his/her MA renewals to Has any of these companies either expressed in their contract or by memo how to legally do this?

You also must be contracted as a corporation, not individual in most cases. The wife and I are both certified and all contracts are with the LLC not individuals.

You also must be contracted as a corporation, not individual in most cases. The wife and I are both certified and all contracts are with the LLC not individuals.
We did it exactly the same way. MA and PDP contracts are held by our LLC and we both recertify every year though she does not sell anything.

UHC has given specific instructions through the ICA channel. Another agent who sells UHC in the FMO world told me it was brought up at a FMO meeting. If I recall correctly, there's a 60 or 90 day period for the heirs to make arrangements after the agent's death. There's also a provision to see the book to another certified agent. Your manager should know.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make any younger family members see the beauty of an income stream that hardly requires you to get out of bed, once certified.

UHC has given specific instructions through the ICA channel. Another agent who sells UHC in the FMO world told me it was brought up at a FMO meeting. If I recall correctly, there's a 60 or 90 day period for the heirs to make arrangements after the agent's death. There's also a provision to see the book to another certified agent. Your manager should know.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make any younger family members see the beauty of an income stream that hardly requires you to get out of bed, once certified.

Yes, I got a copy of the memo that UHC provided. Does anyone know if it's UNIQUE to UHC? I figure that forming the LLC and getting another agent to pass renewals to can be done by anyone. But would the other MA carriers allow the "grace period" to get it organized?

You're not kidding about getting another family member to do such a thing. I can't convince anyone in my family to do it either.

I believe it is unique to UHC because my client and fellow agent lobbied management for it for about a year and I was there when our manager told him it was coming. I wouldn't be surprised if other companies followed suit. Last fall at the AEP pep rally, the Agent Successor Program was bragged on as one of the reasons to sell UHC.
And by the way, you can sell or pass on your book without passing on if you decide CE and certifying is too much of a PITA.

Last edited:
I believe it is unique to UHC because my client and fellow agent lobbied management for it for about a year and I was there when our manager told him it was coming. I wouldn't be surprised if other companies followed suit. Last fall at the AEP pep rally, the Agent Successor Program was bragged on as one of the reasons to sell UHC.
And by the way, you can sell or pass on your book without passing on if you decide CE and certifying is too much of a PITA.

How? Agent of Record Transfer Requests? Are you still referring to UHC specifically?

Back