Has anyone ever heard of AHCO Direct??

LunchMoney6

MD
Hey everyone...

Has anybody heard of these folks? I looked on their website and it seems to be some sort of discount plan - they offer insurance to people who have been declined at cheap rates...

Thanks!

Maternity Advantage is a maternity coverage program sponsored by Affordable Healthcare Options (AHCO Direct) which was established in 1994. The program was created to support women and families who were either uninsured or wanted to supplement their existing insurance plans.
PregnancyInsurance.org has investigated AHCO Direct through the better business bureau and found that AHCO Direct is a respectable company. Pregnancy Insurance.org can recommend the services of Maternity Advantage.

It's not junk, they are primarily an accident plan provider and maternity card. They do offer other ancillary products of some value but not to be compared to major med.

And the accident rider is similar to Assurant suite solutions accident plan, far from junk. They have shifted to another company for the accident plans recently.

This is a very good accident plan with a valuable teledoc feature that can be used with high deductible HSAs. They also provide a comprehensive air transport coverage with the plan that often fills in the holes with many major med plans in regards to air transport in the event of car accidents to 'nearest' treatment facilities only. Its priced right and can supplement major medical nicely. The commissions are good too, online application capabilities, etc....

Here something that might help...

Apr 14, 2008 ... AUSTIN – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today charged an Austin company with selling ... Texs Attorney General's lawsuit against AHCO ...

Glad to know that the Texas attorney general is taking action when people complain but before you start bashing one company i think you need to look at the law suits for other medical insurance companies i believe blue cross blue shield has everyone beat, every insurance company in the united states has complaints as well as law suits against them, even the reputable ones

Back