Has Anyone Ever Heard of This Company?

plays2win

Expert
I answered a blind ad looking for insurance healthcare agents. I got an email back from a company named Aloha Benefits. They say they market to the senior market offering medicare advantage plans. Their web site is http://www.alohabenefits.com and they work with "The Brokerage, Inc. They sell UHC products and they say the agents will have appointment with UHC and not with Aloha and if you leave you get to keep your renewals. This job it a 1099 job. They sent me a link to review the program. I have never heard of these guys so would like to get any feed back from the veterans on this board. https://alohabenefits.webex.com/cmp0306lc/webcomponents/jsp/docshow/closewindow.jsp

Last edited:
Yes, I have heard of AlohaBenefits. The owners name is Hurst Kopp. I can't say enough good things about Hurst. He's top notch and trustworthy in my book!

Thank you for the prompt response TRK3031962. Is this a market that one can make a living in even in today's healthcare environment?

Last edited:
You can get a contract from UHC from damn near anyone. Their MA plan in So Cal is quite good but so are the plans from other carriers. MA plans in Central and Northern Cal are generally speaking not good values.

You can make money selling MA plans although except for T-65 and SEP reasons, you're limited to about 6 weeks a year. I've done quite well but have targeted my market and prospects. You need a surgical technique for an independent agent to make it in this market.

Rick

Last edited:
You can get a contract from UHC from damn near anyone. Their MA plan in So Cal is quite good but so are the plans from other carriers. MA plans in Central and Northern Cal are generally speaking not good values.

You can make money selling MA plans although except for T-65 and SEP reasons, you're limited to about 6 weeks a year. I've done quite well but have targeted my market and prospects. You need a surgical technique for an independent agent to make it in this market.

Rick
Are you saying we can't use our machetes, must use scalpel. ;-)

Back