Has Anyone Had Problems with Main Street Power Mail

That's good to know, I'm waiting on a mailing to come through. How long does it take usually before you start receiving leads with this company

That's good to know, I'm waiting on a mailing to come through. How long does it take usually before you start receiving leads with this company

As with any mailing house, it seems that it takes about a week longer than you expect.

My experience is that it takes about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from the drop date to receive leads.

Rick

My experience is that it takes about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from the drop date to receive leads.

The timeline can also be a function of whether you mail third-class bulk (now called "standard" by those wizards at the USPS) which can take a long time to get delivered (if it ever does, estimates are about 70-75% gets delivered). If you mail first-class, it speeds up appreciably.

Paul - I know you've tested a number of mailings. Have you seen a difference in return for the same mailing going bulk vs 1st class? Woud it be worth the 20 cent or more cost per piece?

Rick

Paul - I know you've tested a number of mailings. Have you seen a difference in return for the same mailing going bulk vs 1st class? Woud it be worth the 20 cent or more cost per piece?

Yes Rick, it is. I ALWAYS mail first-class, and the lift in response far outstrips any additional postage cost. Since only about 75% (at best) of standard rate gets delivered, the "cost" is pretty close to the same!

Why does only 75% get delivered? This does not match my experience, but my 'standard' mailings tend to run about 500 pieces, with maybe 5 not being delivered.

A clean mail list should have a decent delivery rate. In fact, while I initially objected to the fees for things like NCOA (National Change of Address), doing this actually saved me money by significantly increasing my delivery rates.

Dan

Back