Has Anyone Heard of Best Rate Life & Annuity Brokerage?

DANIELD

Has Anyone Heard of Best Rate Life & Annuity Brokerage? Virtual life insurance agent. 50-75 leads a week small 550 training and lead start up cost. Sounds great just cant find much on the company or the owner and the domain name for the company is only a few months old. Goes by the name of Mark R. Smith with a Texas insurance license. I do show he has been licensed since 2000 however that is about it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Never heard of them, but anyone demanding a set-up fee should have some sort of social proof/testimonials/information online. Also, more detailed information about the virtual agent program.

For 50-75 leads/week, expect really low contracts or really weak leads - unless of course you're paying $1k+ to them per week. Sounds like they make you subscribe to ALISS as well (might be connected to eFinancial?).

My first impressions from clicking over to their website: Generic Wordpress website, schizophrenic messaging where they're marketing to consumers AND agents on their home page. Their logo's are outdated (still using ING and American General). Doesn't exactly scream they're on top of their game. But I guess the "Pardon Our Dust!" excuses all that?

Looks like the domain and website are less than two months old.

This business model seems like similar ones that have popped up from time to time and have been well documented in this Forum.

Be careful and do your due diligence.

STAY AWAY, sound like scamsters that tried to lure me in last year.........I will research

----------

SMITH, YES, STAY AWAY, he previously operated under AVIAN LIFE

----------

"
Hi David,

I just want to make sure you received NEXT STEP Email. Talk to you soon. Looking forward to having you on board.

they went by Robert Taylor 928-778-0802
they have their site registered out of California
use Chase Bank to get money wires
--

----------

If you notice, the Banner's do not work!

HAte to condemn that, but be careful same MO as Avian Life website was...........

----------

FROM THE RIP-OFF REPORT........LOOKS SIMILIAR

"This company has been selling insurance leads on craigslist and other avenues called avianonline.com. The person selling the leads is calling himself Robet Taylor. He is a fake and these leads are a scam.

I am the real Robert Taylor. I am a legitimate agent/advisor with Ameriprise and this guy has been ripping people off all over the country using my Texas insurance credintials to ligitimize his scam. Inevitably they all end up finding me via my publicly available information. Spread the word, its nothing more than a scam!

There is a case filed against them with the Texas Department of Insurance, the North Richland Hills PD and I’m in the process of filing with the Texas State Attorney General. Please respond if you have any contact with this person pretending to be me. "
The website no longer works, it may be smart to call the real Mark Smith and find out

I'm following this thread. I've spoke to Mark Smith on a couple of occasions now. He says all the right things but I side with everyone else here. There is no information on Best Rate Companies anywhere. Anyone that pays an up front 'deposit' for access to training and leads is just begging to get taken advantage of. The web site they host is about as template amateur and minimal as they come. Their address is a P.O. Box in Corpus Christi, TX. Too many red flags up front to consider partnering with this group. I'm steering clear myself.

That sucks... but if you are going to generate your own leads, then take the full commissions. Contact a GA and get started with some competitive contracts and go from there.

DM me if you need more details on how to get started, but you shouldn't be putting up any of your money like that to work in this business.

SCAM Alert . Two months ago he was Marc Thompson from Best rate financial, using a different license number .

Sounds like really nice guy, but all they will send you is a bunch of leads with people who never inquired about anything, disconnected numbers, or maybe if your lucky, someone who requested info two years ago.

I'm still fighting with my credit card company to try and get my 550 back

Hi:

I believe I was duped as well.

Are you still getting leads? or what's going on with you.

I got my first batch and they were crap. over 2 years old some people were telling me is when they filled in the forms.

I feel so dumb..gosh. I'm embarassed. I usually know better.

I'm at a loss.

or is it getting better?

thanks

Fran

For anyone reading this: THIS IS ALL THE WORK OF ONE GUY!! He has used so many different names it's tough to keep track of. He is currently using Mark Smith, who I have actually spoken to (the REAL Mark Smith that is). Google all the different scam names he has used:

Oak Tree Brokerage

Avion Online

Etelesure Financial and Insurance Services

Best Rate Financial and Insurance Services

The Best Rate Companies LLC

The Best Rate Corporation

Best Rate Direct Insurance Services

Best Rate America Financial Services

Best Rate Life and Annuity Brokerage

Hopefully this finds you in time, before you surrender $500 to this epic piece of ****.

Latest posts

Back