Has anyone left Symmetry Financial Group recently?

Live and Learn

I have been working with Symmetry for a little under a year. This has been my first ever insurance career but I have done pretty well for having no prior experience. I have averaged about 20 hours a week at the most and have been able to issue pay just under 120,000 in premium. Submit was around 160k. I did that spending 200-400 a week on direct mail leads.

I genuinely love the work that I do but with the knowledge I have gained over the passed few months I feel like I should have made a better decision on how I got into the business. I started at a 60% contract level and have made it to an 85%. I have only focused on personal production and have no down line agents. I wish I had done a lot more research before I got started but that’s behind me now. Plain and simple I didn’t know what I didn’t know.

The passed two days have been difficult for me to stomach because I realized that I could have easily had between 20k to 40k more money in my own bank account had I went with a different company that had better commission rates. I have taken a lot of bumps and bruises along the way in the passed year and have also put my family in positions financially that would have never occurred had I done my due diligence.

I would like to hear from other agents that left symmetry. What happened to your backend commissions when you left? Did you have any waiting periods with the core carriers when you moved to a new IMO?

I don’t want to hear anybody’s opinions about MLM. Just facts about leaving symmetry. I know there is another long thread about this same topic from MLMDefector but It didn’t have the answers I was looking for.

All I can do is move forward. I have no desire to quite because I know I have what it takes. I have already proven that to myself.

The passed two days have been difficult for me to stomach because I realized that I could have easily had between 20k to 40k more money in my own bank account

Don't be mad that it happened. Be grateful that it is over.

Just move on. Find an IMO with street or better commissions. If your commissions were vested you will receive your pay-throughs and renewals. If you were LOA then you are SOL.

I do not know if they release (I doubt it) but no worries ... plenty of good carriers out there. Cancel your contracts with your current carriers and then in 6 to 12 months you can recontract through your new IMO.

I don't recruit, and I recommend you talk to Matt Mungia @SPUR CITY on the forum, or FEX Contracting @Newby on the forum before you make another bad decision.

I also dont recruit. Talk to several IMO's, dont just focus on commissions and contracts. If it took you a year to figure out you could have made more money, that means you still need coaching to the next level. You are a hard worker, you want a structure that is going to get you to larger cases, referrals and away from direct mail. Some have succeeded from where you are going completely independent, most in my opinion still need some type of coaching/mentoring support to run a business on their own.

appreciate the recommendation!

Don't be mad that it happened. Be grateful that it is over.

Just move on. Find an IMO with street or better commissions. If your commissions were vested you will receive your pay-throughs and renewals. If you were LOA then you are SOL.

I do not know if they release (I doubt it) but no worries ... plenty of good carriers out there. Cancel your contracts with your current carriers and then in 6 to 12 months you can recontract through your new IMO.

I don't recruit, and I recommend you talk to Matt Mungia @SPUR CITY on the forum, or FEX Contracting @Newby on the forum before you make another bad decision.

I recently had a interview with myself and my husband with SFG and he was telling us all the benefits and pros and cons so I started researching and now I’m glad I did I have been in several types of work but I didn’t want to get involved with a company and it be a pyramid scheme and I was just telling my husband I felt as if this was something along those lines. I want to do insurance but I am thinking I need to do the schooling on my own and try to apply for jobs after that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I recently had a interview with myself and my husband with SFG and he was telling us all the benefits and pros and cons so I started researching and now I’m glad I did I have been in several types of work but I didn’t want to get involved with a company and it be a pyramid scheme and I was just telling my husband I felt as if this was something along those lines. I want to do insurance but I am thinking I need to do the schooling on my own and try to apply for jobs after that. Any suggestions are appreciated.

The schooling never stops. It's best to find a spot where your comfortable and jump in. The main point is to understand the contract you sign to the best of your ability because it's easy to get in but the Gomer Pyle surprise, surprise, surprise can rear its head when leaving.

SFG does not usually release. None of the shops that put agents a really low commissions could release or they would lose every agent as soon as they found out how much commission they gave up. Take a look at the information on the FexContracting website. Our agency is specific to selling FE and Senior products but it will give you the idea of what independent agents are supposed to look for.

And the commission levels are clearly posted which you will find that new agents commissions are DOUBLE what those agents started at. So they (SFG) were taking ALL of their share plus half of the agent’s share of the commissions. Nice guys?

They get by with that because they will try to convince agents that the training and/or leads are better with them than with the agencies where you get your full 120%. Every agent that has left there and moved on with tell you that is not only not true but is the opposite.

But the good news is they didn’t tie up your good companies. It’s easy to start fresh anywhere you want and not miss a beat. (For agents that already signed with them.)

Back