Has anyone Recently Been Appointed with Homeowners Carriers in Florida?

Bentampa

I hear regularly that Prepared, Tower Hill, and others are difficult. If one has a history of writing good business with a particular carrier, does that door open for that producer typically? Thank you in advance!

I hear regularly that Prepared, Tower Hill, and others are difficult. If one has a history of writing good business with a particular carrier, does that door open for that producer typically? Thank you in advance!

In Florida the only company appointing is Universal P&C for homeowners. You can get Heritage through FAIA. Good luck.

The reps I have spoken to in the Tampa market have said it is a case by case basis for new agencies. My guess is they would want to see a solid marketing plan, experience and nice sum if startup funds.

Thank you. No, Im a producer writing HO3s in Florida. I want to get my ducks in a row and continue writing with carriers I trust. I am a former loan officer and work well with mortgage brokers because I understand their business. I find my closing ratio on new purchases are very high and mortgage brokers are great referral sources. I build quality rapport with clients and advise them of homeowner discounts on auto available to them but advise we can pursue after closing so not to risk a carrier pulling credit and messing up financing. Multiline business has improved since making this our approach but at some point, my efforts should result in my return. Appointments with HO carriers are critical

Thank you. No, Im a producer writing HO3s in Florida. I want to get my ducks in a row and continue writing with carriers I trust. I am a former loan officer and work well with mortgage brokers because I understand their business. I find my closing ratio on new purchases are very high and mortgage brokers are great referral sources. I build quality rapport with clients and advise them of homeowner discounts on auto available to them but advise we can pursue after closing so not to risk a carrier pulling credit and messing up financing. Multiline business has improved since making this our approach but at some point, my efforts should result in my return. Appointments with HO carriers are critical

Without appointments in Florida you will fail they are more then critical. Mortgage brokers are a great referral source if you treat them right.

Back