Has anyone Successfully ...

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Partnered with a CPA, Attorney, P&C agent? If so, would you mind sharing your "hook"? How did you get them to consider partnering? How was comp structured? Etc.

----------

Partnered with a CPA, Attorney, P&C agent? If so, would you mind sharing your "hook"? How did you get them to consider partnering? How was comp structured? Etc.

Has anyone successfully partnered with a CPA, Attorney or P&C agent? If so, would you mind sharing your "hook"? How did you get them to consider partnering? How was comp structured? Etc.

Never worked out. They just don't want to refer their clients or bother to ask them for other services

----------

I successfully partner with all of them including real estate agents. Lawyers, CPAs and real state agents you offer to give them kick back or just a flat referal fee. PC you offer to split comp. There is no hook. Just be honest. If you're a person of integrity they'll know. The art is in showing them its mutually beneficial and not like they're doing you a favor. Comp depends on person. For instance, I had a very experienced PC guy that hated life. Well, I played that into my hand and said I'd massage his clients with a anniversary policy call just to keep in touch and extend an offer for free policy review. Anything I wrote, I would give him a 25% split. For him that was gravy and he is used to crap upfront commissions so he loved it.

Good luck!

----------

Has anyone successfully partnered with a CPA, Attorney or P&C agent? If so, would you mind sharing your "hook"? How did you get them to consider partnering? How was comp structured? Etc.

You want to partner with people that sell the way you sell.

So if you are in indy agent you'll want to partner with an indy P&C agent. If the agent sold his customers through "cold" methods and that is how you sell then even better.

Why?

Because those people are proven to buy the way you sell. It's the same reason that mailing lists of people that have bought through the mail cost more than lists of people that have bought through the phone.

Now actually going about setting up a good relationship with a P&C agent will take a lot of work and may not be worth your time. A lot of those guys have been living off of books that their dad built and they slowly added to over 30 years.

I was just sitting with an old agency owner. The agency was started by his dad in the forties. Now he is at retirement age and his son works in the business. He was complaining about how no one writes any business. He then said that he had 4 REQUESTS from clients for life insurance sitting on his desk..... just hasn't gotten around to it.

It's no wonder that the P&C guys on the forum are killing it. In the case of a few nice size towns around me there are no indy P&C shops that actually prospect.

Back