Has Anyone Tried Stellarprospects.com?

abbyh

I have seen the link to stellar prospects on this forum. Has anyone used them? Are they any good?

I have seen the link to stellar prospects on this forum. Has anyone used them? Are they any good?

I've not used them, but I have heard of them. They sell aged leads. They are not expensive, but before I'd use them I'd ask questions like,
"How many times do you sell the aged leads?"
"Where do they come from? i.e. which websites?"

Purchased from Stellar Prospects 6 months ago. The owner is very nice. The leads were pretty horrible. 80% had not requested any info, or if they had, it was so long ago that they forgot. Several people had moved. I can't remember talking to one person that the DOB, or build was correct. It seemed that my list was really only beneficial for Name, address and phone number.

For me, it was a time waster. Seemed like calling out of the white pages would be just as effective.

Just my experience though. Maybe someone else would have better luck.

Purchased from Stellar Prospects 6 months ago. The owner is very nice. The leads were pretty horrible. 80% had not requested any info, or if they had, it was so long ago that they forgot. Several people had moved. I can't remember talking to one person that the DOB, or build was correct. It seemed that my list was really only beneficial for Name, address and phone number.

For me, it was a time waster. Seemed like calling out of the white pages would be just as effective.

Just my experience though. Maybe someone else would have better luck.

They're just older internet leads that were already sold as new to a bunch of agents. Those agents never expected them to be resold later so pretty dishonest type of business. I would really hate to have sold a policy and then 3 months later have an agent call MY client off a re-sold list and have my policy re-written.

However, what did you expect? "Oh yeah. Glad you called. I forgot to buy insurance from one of the 5 other agents that called 6 weeks ago"

Rick

Makes sense. It was my first time in 9 years to purchase leads. Fortunately it was only $150 learning experience.

I really wouldn't mind paying for aged leads, if they were actual leads at some point. Got the feeling that someone just scraped these from the internet somewhere, and mixed a few actual aged leads in.

Last edited:
When you realize that a lot of internet leads are pretty bogus and that those don't get better because they are now older, you quickly realize the aged lead business isn't a hotbed of prospects.

On the other hand, what they are is fairly inexpensive. They were an internet lead at some point, so, work them as a filler prospecting method. They aren't as time urgent as real time leads, so its worth using them to fill in a few hours a day or week.

My experience of aged leads is just like internet leads, they run from cold to lukewarm. I don't think I ever had a 'hot' batch, but usually write enough business to make some money.

And yes, I lot of agents would rather just smile and dial a lead list.

Dan

Back