Has anyone tried texting DM leads that won’t answer the phone/door?

Stay100

Expert
So I have over 500 DM leads, and a crazy amount of those leads I have never got ahold of. I’m thing of going through my spreadsheet of leads, starting with my oldest ones (18 months) and send a catchy text. Even if I have talked to them, pretty much every lead except my current clients will get a text. Has anyone tried this?

What should the text say?

I’m thinking some like this.. Hello (leads name), my name is (my name), back in ( month the lead was mailed) you requested information on state regulated final expense Life Insurance. Unfortunately, since receiving your request, I have not had any luck getting in touch with you. If you would still like information on these programs you can call, text or email me. In the meantime, here is some quotes from the top companies in Massachusetts for $10,000 for a (age/ non smoker female/male).

Maybe take the last sentence out? I know this text is to long too. Any ideas is much appreciated.. I know this sounds pretty desperate but 18 months into being independent agent I am in a rough financial situation right now due to various reasons. I’m trying to squeeze as much as I possibly can out of leads that I have so I can actually start getting my normal lead/cash flow back.

So I have over 500 DM leads, and a crazy amount of those leads I have never got ahold of. I’m thing of going through my spreadsheet of leads, starting with my oldest ones (18 months) and send a catchy text. Even if I have talked to them, pretty much every lead except my current clients will get a text. Has anyone tried this?

I’m thinking some like this.. Hello (leads name), my name is (my name), back in ( month the lead was mailed) you requested information on state regulated final expense Life Insurance. Unfortunately, since receiving your request, I have not had any luck getting in touch with you. If you would still like information on these programs you can call, text or email me. In the meantime, here is some quotes from the top companies in Massachusetts for $10,000 for a (age/ non smoker female/male).

Maybe take the last sentence out? I know this text is to long too. Any ideas is much appreciated.. I know this sounds pretty desperate but 18 months into being independent agent I am in a rough financial situation right now due to various reasons. I’m trying to squeeze as much as I possibly can out of leads that I have so I can actually start getting my normal lead/cash flow back.

go door knock them?

go door knock them?
Look at the title of the thread.

But, yeah, go door knock again. Forget the phone at this point. They're not hot leads anymore. They're aged leads. How I work aged leads is all door knocking. I just go through them again and again until I catch them. I leave my card on the door and write "Sorry I missed you!" No explanation. Eventually they might call you. Every time I knock and get no answer, I leave the card. Then I knock the house to the left. Then I leave. The next time I stop and they're not home, I knock the house to the right, and so on. I might end up knocking on every house surrounding the original lead. But I've just turned one lead into six.

Last edited:
i understand what you guys are saying and agree. I have had great success door-knocking. My question really was has anyone ever had success with sms marketing or texting leads? If so what do you say?

Not for Final Expense. Never really tried. Once you get past the legality, it should work. 92% of people read their text messages.

That stat will be much lower for the FE crowd, but maybe not. Unlimited texting on Obamaphone's!

Maybe something like:

Hey Mrs Mary. I got that information you requested on those final expense programs. You know, that card you mailed back to us. When's a good time I can drop the info off?

They probably won't sue you. Let us know how it works.

Sounds like nobody has tried it. Maybe you can be the trail blazer and pioneer the campaign. Even a few responses should help if you've already exhausted the standard efforts, like stapling delivery notices to their door or siding.

I've tried it 100's of times with almost zero success .No different than leaving a message on their voice mail .These are fe people that are experts in avoidance . You must see them face to face.

Hey, I'm with you one one account! I have tried SEVERAL things to increase my sales ratio. Even one more per 100 is a blessing. Keep trying.

Back