Has Anyone Used Daylite, Bento or Anything else Compatible Apple?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am looking for something compatible with apple to organize client data and notes, appts, to do's, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Has Anyone Used Daylite, Bento or Anything else Compatible Ap

I am looking for something compatible with apple to organize client data and notes, appts, to do's, etc.

Sugarcrm, the free stack installer version will work on mac. On their site at sugarcrm.com, look for community edition stack installer works on wndows/mac/linux. I don't think it works for solaris, but thats 99% of computers it does work for.

It handles leads, email, customer data, notes, documents, quotes, etc like a champ. Get the 6.3 RC1, its a major upgrade.

Barring that, rent a sugarcrm installed vps, runs about 25$ a month managed, or around 10$ a month unmanaged plus 50$ for initial install.

You'll want managed, because if something does go wrong you're about as likely to fix it yourself as you are to break everything, and you need someone astute enough to understand they need to make backups so you don't lose your data.

Just converted over to Apple a few months ago. We use Bento and love it. We log everything into and it syncs to our iPhones so I have all the data I need out and about.

My suggestion is to make an appt with your local Apple store. Go in and tell them what you do and what you are looking for and they should be able to give you a lot of good advice. I'm in there like once a week.

What do you store in bento? Has it been reliable and easy to use and have where do you store policy details and if you can tell me a little more of what you use it for would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

What type of info do you guys store in your database?

Everything! Lol I love it. I store clients info and notes and policy info. I do a ton of recruiting and talk to agents daily so it helps me keep track of agents and their info and what we discussed. I LOVE it. Because it also syncs right to my iPhone so I have all that data whenever I need it. Now, there is another program that's like $250 that we are about to upgrade to. I don't know to much but the guys at Apple are working with me closely and said it's time that I get this for my office. I think my submanagers will be able to get access then to the info?

Last edited:

Bento is better than just using address book? Any particular reason?

Back