Has anyone used Yodle?

Feathers

Yodle has been talking with our agency about using their marketing services to generate calls with landing pages. I am curious if any other agencies have used their services and if it generated enough business to justify the cost. We are considering their Bronze package. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes. You can save a few thousand dollars by ignoring their promises and not work with them. Their model, product and execution is appropriate for a pizza shop, but not for insurance.

Tried it for several months with no luck.....got one lead that put in a app that did not get issued.....I was working austin for life insurance....

Yodle has been talking with our agency about using their marketing services to generate calls with landing pages. I am curious if any other agencies have used their services and if it generated enough business to justify the cost. We are considering their Bronze package. Thanks

Yodle is extremely high priced.

They can give you ranking results centered from your business address, on average 5-30 miles at most. I have seen them successfully place people on the front page - just super expensive.

Its all about ROI - Showing up on the front page doesnt guarantee you a return. You should look at your local area see which agencies are advertising currently and in what areas. Do a little local market research to see if it would even drive the right kind of calls to you.. If you are out in the middle of nowhere showing up locally is going to do squat for you. If your in St Paul and on the front you might get different results...

Personally I would recommend looking into PPC and limiting the budget. Do a test run and see if the calls you are getting off the internet are the right kind.
Through PPC you will get on the front page right away - after a pumping a few hundred into ppc you will known where you stand in terms of internet leads.

If you are liking the leads then you can pump $$$ into showing up on an unlimited click basis with SEO.

I too got the hard sell from this company. When I asked for an example from my own industry, they claimed privacy issues. When they finally did give me an example, the example did not come up in the first two pages of a Google search. If you know anything about SEO and Wordpress, this company is not for you.

I, too, had a long conversation with a representative from Yodle and they have no idea what it's like for the dedicated life agents. They're more inclined to be of assistance to the P&C agents. The P&C agents have products that are mandated by state law such as car insurance or homeowner's insurance. I'm in the middle of a transition from years of group health sales and other employer-sponsored plans to that of final expense and Medicare supplements and the last thing I need is to be cajoled or misrepresented by another lead company. I've made too many mistakes and lost too much money with lead companies to make any further mistakes.

If anyone has any recommendation to make with regard to a lead company that has consistently produced a return lead card rate of 3% or 4% then please let me know your sources. I've tried many of them and the best return rate I've experienced in Delaware is a measly 1.1% (yes, just 11 cards returned from a mailing of 1,000 Medicare supplement related cards).

Back