Has anyone Written a Book/booklet/self-published?

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I have been asked to put together a book/booklet about Medicare, from a high-net-worth financial planner, for their clients, as they start to age-in to Medicare. Something more substantial and prettier than a brochure or a flyer.

I'm not too worried about content approval, since it will be generic/basic Medicare info, but is there anything I should avoid including? Anything that you think is an often over-looked part that I MUST include?

Where do you get such a book made? It looks like overnight prints will do it, and so will Kinkos. Is there anywhere else I should look? Also- size? I was thinking something the size of a postcard or a half sheet- it doesn't need to be huge.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I have been asked to put together a book/booklet about Medicare, from a high-net-worth financial planner, for their clients, as they start to age-in to Medicare. Something more substantial and prettier than a brochure or a flyer.

I'm not too worried about content approval, since it will be generic/basic Medicare info, but is there anything I should avoid including? Anything that you think is an often over-looked part that I MUST include?

Where do you get such a book made? It looks like overnight prints will do it, and so will Kinkos. Is there anywhere else I should look? Also- size? I was thinking something the size of a postcard or a half sheet- it doesn't need to be huge.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
You could do an eBook with kindle

Talk to the printers about pricing for various "standard sizes" and formatting that's acceptable to submit. Shouldn't be too expensive depending on binding used, etc. I'd print & make sure all your info is there so it's an advertising "leave behind".

Good thread I too would like to make one. Do you think that we could get it past compliance if we offer our insights? Such as compare the max out of pockets on ma plans. Why a ppo is a good choice over an Hmo etc?

I have been asked to put together a book/booklet about Medicare, from a high-net-worth financial planner, for their clients, as they start to age-in to Medicare. Something more substantial and prettier than a brochure or a flyer. I'm not too worried about content approval, since it will be generic/basic Medicare info, but is there anything I should avoid including? Anything that you think is an often over-looked part that I MUST include? Where do you get such a book made? It looks like overnight prints will do it, and so will Kinkos. Is there anywhere else I should look? Also- size? I was thinking something the size of a postcard or a half sheet- it doesn't need to be huge. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I did a nice looking book like that for funeral homes to give out. I made them full size 8.5 X 11" and full color on slick paper stock. Heavier cover. 16 pages (has to be a multiple of 4). Printed 10,000 at a time and I think they cost around $2 each. But that was before online printers or probably even the Internet.

Very, very nice tool if you make it look quality.

PS put a price on the back of around $5.95. When your guy gives them out they feel like they got a nice little freebie.

Why can't you create a 81/2 x 11 booklet in Word and save the file. When a client is T65, print it out on your computer and mail it. That's the best way to go. I do it all the time. No inventory.

If changes are needed, which happened this year with the annual deductibles for Part A and Part B and the increase in the donut hole for Part D, I simply changed the amounts in the file and saved it.

Why can't you create a 81/2 x 11 booklet in Word and save the file. When a client is T65, print it out on your computer and mail it. That's the best way to go. I do it all the time. No inventory. If changes are needed, which happened this year with the annual deductibles for Part A and Part B and the increase in the donut hole for Part D, I simply changed the amounts in the file and saved it.

Yes! Much easier!

Good thread I too would like to make one. Do you think that we could get it past compliance if we offer our insights? Such as compare the max out of pockets on ma plans. Why a ppo is a good choice over an Hmo etc?

I think compliance would definitely frown on an agent writing a book comparing different MA plans benefits and also for detailing why one type of MA plan is always better over another type of plan.Describing the generic pros and cons of hmos and ppos would be ok

Back