Has Blue Shield Lost It?

Actually the rates will not change tell January of next year and no announcement yet on what they will be. Most likely they will be sending a letter to current members on the plan in the next couple months for what that rate is going to be. Hopefully they give them enough time or have it before AEP.:err:

I've seen a couple responses from some BCBS reps that current Legacy members will get a letter by 7/15 with more info.

I'm sure they'll give them plenty of time to get an MAPD during AEP.

I've seen a couple responses from some BCBS reps that current Legacy members will get a letter by 7/15 with more info.

I'm sure they'll give them plenty of time to get an MAPD during AEP.

Yep, some have gotten the second letter that was sent out given them a rate of what it supposedly will go to as long as it is passed by the DOI. It appears it will not be a community rated plan anymore with rates going up per individuals age. So far we have gotten anywhere from 205.25 to upwards of 350 a month for an individual that was in there 70's.

BCBS of MI has over 200k customers in MI on that plan. Many years they where talking about this but it never passed, looks like its a free go now that the agreement has expired. Converting those to other Medigap plans with usual rate increases or dealing with copays on MAPD's should be a shock to the system for these folks.

Yep, some have gotten the second letter that was sent out given them a rate of what it supposedly will go to as long as it is passed by the DOI. It appears it will not be a community rated plan anymore with rates going up per individuals age. So far we have gotten anywhere from 205.25 to upwards of 350 a month for an individual that was in there 70's.

BCBS of MI has over 200k customers in MI on that plan. Many years they where talking about this but it never passed, looks like its a free go now that the agreement has expired. Converting those to other Medigap plans with usual rate increases or dealing with copays on MAPD's should be a shock to the system for these folks.

And I wouldn't think that this situation triggers a GI right for folks since they're not involuntarily losing their plan and it's not going bankrupt.

And I wouldn't think that this situation triggers a GI right for folks since they're not involuntarily losing their plan and it's not going bankrupt.

Exactly, they are in a world of hurt. I am not sure what they will do on rates and coverage for under 65. There is a good chunk of folks that are on SSDI on this plan.

Back