Has Combined Changed?

Mackk

In two weeks I'll be headed to Combined training school? Has things changed? What should I expect? What are thoughts on Combined? I did s search and found many post to be dated.

You're in Connecticut (based on your flag). I doubt much has changed.

I think being with Combined Insurance (outside of California) is a neat gig and you can earn a decent income.

----------

Back when I was with them, you did a "walk and talk" to pitch one product.

Then they changed it to a "four block" presentation:

"In five minutes I can show you how you can get cash paid to you in the event of an emergency. It's simple, quick, and hassle free." (That's practically word-for-word from my training about 3 years ago.)

Then I'd open the binder to the front page:
- Up to $100,000 to your beneficiaries (their Life insurance is basically an FE-type product. No term insurance last I remember.)
- Up to $50,000 in the event of a critical illness, like heart attack, stroke, or cancer
- Up to $5,000 per month up to 24 months in the event you are sick or hurt and can't work
- (One more that I can't remember - related to their accident or Accident and Sickness product)

Then they point at which one they want to talk about and you go from there.

You will learn to sell. I began my career with Combined back in 1978. Stay focused and determined, and you will learn to sell and more importantly - prospect. Best wishes!

Thank you all for your responses.

I work for Combined in PA (same zone as you) and can answer some specific questions if you have any. It's a good company to work for and you will learn how to sell working here.

Connecticut doesn't have it yet, but in PA we just all got ipads. The rest of the northeast should be getting them soon.

Oh and the part of the 4 block Dhk forgot was our disability products. We have 2 in PA, short term and longer term. The short term kicks ass (no elimination period for accident or sickness and it's cheap too) but is not available in all states yet. Not sure about CT.

Last edited:
As long as you overcome the fear of asking a person to write a check, you should be fine. As others have said, starting with a company such as Combined Insurance is a way to learn to overcome objections on the path to a sale. Once refined there, you can consider moving on to aspects of our business which may be more substantial in terms of what you can do for your clients.

Back