Has Nat Gen Gotten Stupid?

Heather

Guru
100+ Post Club
NY
I have a college student, 1 year previous insurance, just paid in full a one year policy which Nat Gen is going to cancel because he need 3 proofs of address from a really stupid list. He needs 3 proofs because he lives in off campus student housing and pays no utilities, if he had a utility bill that would be all he needed.

Can't Accept - pay stubs
Will Accept - welfare check stubs/foodstamp/ or SSI check stubs

Can't Accept - University ID card
Will Accept - Pistol Permit ID

Can't Accept - rent receipt/ apartment Lease
Will Accept - Section 8 voucher

This tells me they would rather have a pistol packing welfare recipient living in gov. housing than a kid working on their masters. :no::no:

I have a college student, 1 year previous insurance, just paid in full a one year policy which Nat Gen is going to cancel because he need 3 proofs of address from a really stupid list. He needs 3 proofs because he lives in off campus student housing and pays no utilities, if he had a utility bill that would be all he needed.

Can't Accept - pay stubs

This tells me they would rather have a pistol packing welfare recipient living in gov. housing than a kid working on their masters. :no::no:

Crazy...maybe that's their niche.:laugh:

Crazy...maybe that's their niche.:laugh:

It is haha... They absorbed clearside last year which specialized in dui's and other forms of high risk young drivers.

----------

Can't Accept - pay stubs

Why don't you just list the garaging address as the place he actually keeps the car and not his parents address? Nat Gen never asks us for any verification ever... it's almost like they don't care

Nat Gen is one of the most bi-polar companies I've ever seen.

in fairness, a lot of companies are cracking down on address fraud, not just Nat Gen....

but not accepting a recent pay check stub or an apartment lease agreement is being excessively picky. geez!

have you tried changing the address on his drivers license?

My guy is from Texas, he has been going to school up here for the last year. He has one year left then he is going back home. NY DMV is a nightmare and he just doesn't want to switch then have to switch back in a year, plus Nat Gen said changing the address/getting a new license in NY is not good enough.

His NY vehicle registration is the only document he has so far that they will take. They will take a notarized statement from the property manager where he lives. The building is owned by a corp and the local manager cannot give a notarized statement, cited legal reasons if he were to move out.

I also gave Nat Gen his 2 previous dec pages both showing his current address, they won't take it. Won't take a bank stmt either just really stupid.

most of the time I do not use them, but they are in my rater so I always quote them. Once in a while just out of the blue these guys are a terrific fit, like almost $100 a month cheaper than Progressive which he had. When they fit your customer its always a big savings.

"Getting" stupid would imply they weren't already :p

Seriously, between what I know about them and what I've heard, they are completely insane.

That said, even though they have pulled out of my state (again!) for personal auto, I still get beat by them from time to time by agencies writing personal auto cases in their commercial product. Wtf.

Last edited:
Back