Have a few questions

blonde

So I have been reading on the boards today and trying to "research" which would be the best company to sign up with to be independent.

I have read that Aflac is just a big bad rip off. I have read some say go with Colonial, some say AIG and some said Voluntary Mart.

Heck can I sign up with all? lol

I was wondering how I would find the voluntary mart website to see what they offer agents. I did find the others one but could not locate that one.

I am in Georgia. Looking to offer insurance to business/employees etc. I have had many years as business to business sales but just not in insurance. I am just now starting out.

Thanks for any advice!!

:noteworthy:

Every geography and economy is different. Out in Northern CA the bloom is off the worksite rose. Middle class workers are being hammered by high gasoline, food, and healthcare prices. A year ago a guy had an extra $50 to $70 in his/her monthly check to buy an accident, disability, critical illness, or medical "bridge" plan sold by a Colonial, Aflac, AIG, etc.. That money has been "eaten" by the cost of milk, bread, and gas and there are fewer and fewer people who even want to TALK about supplements, much less enroll in them. Things may be better in GA than in CA but what starts out here usually travels East after a while.

I would suggest that you sell health and/or life to individuals, or take a run at group major medical. I think you will find the Colonial and Aflac sale more difficult to make than it would have been a year or so ago. Of course, YMMV.

Al

I would suggest that you sell health and/or life to individuals, or take a run at group major medical. I think you will find the Colonial and Aflac sale more difficult to make than it would have been a year or so ago.
Al

I agree 100%, health insurance, whether group or individual, is a demand product. Very few people, if any, will tell you that they don't need major medical insurance.

You can create a nice seque to life insurance and other products by gaining a health insurance client.

PM Somarco, he is in GA and probably can give you some good advice in your local market.

Back