Have Any of You Agency Owners Sold Your Book and Decided to Get a Corporate Job Again?

nonstandardbums

I am thinking of selling and have applied to several jobs, mostly non insurance related and have received very little feedback. I have 4 years claims experience and 12 with my current agency, but it appears insurance is a career ender.

Just wondering if you or anyone you know have sold and moved on to a non insurance salaried position?

I am thinking of selling and have applied to several jobs, mostly non insurance related and have received very little feedback. I have 4 years claims experience and 12 with my current agency, but it appears insurance is a career ender.

Just wondering if you or anyone you know have sold and moved on to a non insurance salaried position?

Where are you located? USAA is hiring in SA. BCBS is hiring everywhere. UHC is hiring in Dallas.

And I don't think its an insurance issue. I think we are moving to a "new economy". There are very few jobs in the 50-100K range out there. (Which is great for my business! More people needing Indy!)

Where are you located? USAA is hiring in SA. BCBS is hiring everywhere. UHC is hiring in Dallas.

And I don't think its an insurance issue. I think we are moving to a "new economy". There are very few jobs in the 50-100K range out there. (Which is great for my business! More people needing Indy!)

Gotta love the "change"

Based on his other posts his agency is non-std auto.

Beyond "What's my next gig" the question is, "How much can I get for my agency?".

Yes its been done. Insurance is not a career ender. The skills acquired from sales, agency management, marketing, underwriting, etc. apply to many if not every other field.

Hi there, I decided to leave the Health Insurance Industry in September of 2015 in order to work from home as a digital marketer. I have found it to be a wonderful career alternative as I'm now able to work from anywhere where I have internet access and can still travel with my wife.

I found that I preferred the freedom of working for myself and the control of living life on my terms. I wish you the best and hope you're able to find what you're looking for. :)

Back