Have You Noticed a Weakness

in client services? I've seen more mistakes made in the last two months than I have in the last two years.

1. Items not matched to client file in a timely manner or Lost.

2. Customer Service rude to clients and unknowledgeable or unwilling to answer questions.

3. Little or no guidance or responsiveness on appeals.

Not that this is new, but the problem seems to have deepened recently, any thoughts?

yes, yes and yes, all true...it seems like the carriers really don't care if the business comes or goes.

My opinion is they are stretched to the limit because their coworkers have been laid off and now they have to shoulder more responsibilities. Not making excuses for anyone here but that is what I think is happening. We (and our clients) are getting rude CSRs left and right, especially from one carrier whom I shall not name. The same company is suddenly having computer issues as well. And all these issues just happen to coincide with the end of their bonus period, which messes with us since several of our clients have pushed eff dates forward because of the computer issues, etc etc etc.

That's what we get for selling a lot of their plans, problems, attitude, and arguments about how much bonus they owe us.

Obama is the smartest ever.. Let him figure out how to correct his dirty diaper healthcare bill (mess). I'm sure he can tap Michelle's shoulder for ideas. The brightest first couple ever.

Perasonally, my greatest fear is a client that chooses to change anything once a health policy has been issued. As long as you take what the company has issued; no problem. Make one minor change, and you have about a 60% chance they will either: a) ignore it, or b) screw it up.

Back