Have You Noticed an Increase in Individual Health cases

the number of incoming calls for individual health?

I stopped mktg for health in September, but get incoming calls daily for quotes and at least 2 apps per week. Yesterday I was going to take a partial day off, but my phone kept ringing and I received 2 individual health apps.

After speaking with my brother about it, he runs an Army Navy store and pretty much knows everything, he said that the daily calls from Insurance agents stopped before T'giving and haven't returned.

Re: Have You Noticed an Increase in

Same here.

I stopped actively marketing major med in November but have had more calls for health insurance and written more business in Jan & Feb than I did the last 2 years.

Of course I still get a disproportionate number of calls who can't qualify.

Got a call yesterday from a lady losing health insurance through her employer (company going BK and terminating plan). She had a kidney transplant 14 years ago and on anti-rejection drugs. Cadaver kidney's have a lifespan of 9 years so she is out of warranty.

Got a call yesterday from a lady losing health insurance through her employer (company going BK and terminating plan). She had a kidney transplant 14 years ago and on anti-rejection drugs. Cadaver kidney's have a lifespan of 9 years so she is out of warranty.

How po'd was she when you told her you couldn't help her, or did you say you would research the matter and get back to her, ha?

Ever heard of a company dropping your license appointment due to writing too many HIPAA cases?

Ever heard of a company dropping your license appointment due to writing too many HIPAA cases?

No, why would they? About 25% of my cases with UHC are HIPAA because they generally charge the lowest rates. If they want less HIPAA cases, they should change the rating system.

I have not had any increase of incoming calls. Most of the individual health I am seeing is uninsurable.

4th quarter of 2010 I crushed it with approvals. Now I have been getting crushed by declines.

I now take a different approach to Ind health. Once upon a time, I would complete the paper app F2F with the applicant, or, through the mail.
Now that the paper app is half an inch thick, plus, raising postage, I now point everyone directly to my website to apply electronically. I don't even let them know they can still apply with a paper app.
Gone are the days where someone looking for IFP health is going to come into my office, and eat up my time, only to be declined.
I would rather spend my time on seniors turning age 65, and, group health. All of which I can get approved.

DS4-
Same here. I am certainly not turning away indy business, but my business model has changed dramatically over the past year, and continues to evolve. Significantly less time spent per indy health case, much more time spent on other products/prospects. It's all good.

How po'd was she when you told her you couldn't help her, or did you say you would research the matter and get back to her, ha?

No need for either of us to pussyfoot around it. I told her there were no options other than HIPAA.

4th quarter of 2010 I crushed it with approvals. Now I have been getting crushed by declines.

Thought you got something like a dozen declines in Dec.

Back