Have you prepped your marketing plan for 2020 yet?

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
From March to about September, a large portion of my time was creating written content and getting backlinks to my website. After about 6 months, I started seeing more traffic, but my conversation to leads really sucked.

I took a hard look at my website and determined that I had a really poor conversion setup. I invested some money and purchased Jeff's WPInsurance Theme... I almost immediately started seeing trickles of leads on a brand new domain. I fully converted my content to the new site and redirected my old website links to the new one.

Last year was a learning curve with online marketing and just letting things happen as they may. I sold a little bit, but nowhere near my minimal goal.

So I developed a new marketing plan.

I'm going to to have a three pronged approach:

E-mail marketing for T65:

I created an E-book as a lead magnet for Facebook and an email automation plan that includes video and opportunities for client contact (such as calls) over a longer sales timeline.

YouTube Content

As a driver to my website to capture leads and increase engagement.

Local SEO.

Same as above.

Last year for me was super passive, I'm definitely expecting an improvement this year.

I just mailed out 250 letters to 1st quarter T65 recipients and have sponsored 1 zipcode on nextdoor.com that has been bringing 2-3 clients a month which more than covers the $106/month I pay. I will be doing booths at a number of health faires that have a large senior attendance and I have 4 quarterly lunch and learns planned for my local plate lickers. I would really like to build more book throughout the year.

I just mailed out 250 letters to 1st quarter T65 recipients and have sponsored 1 zipcode on nextdoor.com that has been bringing 2-3 clients a month which more than covers the $106/month I pay. I will be doing booths at a number of health faires that have a large senior attendance and I have 4 quarterly lunch and learns planned for my local plate lickers. I would really like to build more book throughout the year.

I'm a part time agent. My goal for 2020 is 100 policies. I think that's doable

My online funnel is working better than I need it to. So, I'll mostly stay the course for 2020.

I advertise an eBook on FB, then drip a lot of email, then send a little DM. It's a basic IM funnel besides the DM. (It worked before I added the DM.)

But I will make some changes. I want to get something working that isn't Internet-dependent. I'm turning my eBook into a printed booklet and will create a funnel using DM.

It probably won't generate as good of a CPA, but that's OK. I just want to have another lead source in place when the inevitable happens.

Once I'm done testing, I'll put about 15% of my ad budget into the second best funnel. So if the ROI of the best funnel drops too low, I can just put more money into the 2nd best funnel the next day.

I may turn my emails into a newspaper column. (Just freebie local papers. The NY Times and I haven't been able to work out a deal.)

I may shoot some PSAs for a local public cable channel or channels. One of my clients manages one. She asked me if I want to get n front of their camera.

Either should increase my visibility and help me make more sales.

I might also do some copywrting during lock out. One of my subscribers, in another industry, wants to take me to dinner and discuss using my services. I like writing and want to get better at it, so I may do it even if he underpays me.

My main goal for 2020 is to find or build another basket to put 15 to 20% of my eggs into.

I've been burned before (more than once) by being too dependent on one income source.

Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice...

I've been burned enough times by an over dependence on one income source, that if I get burned again, you can just call me an ***.

Do you have a link for your website and YouTube channel?

I have not created videos for YouTube yet. I've been focused on getting my drip campaign completed. Those videos aren't on YouTube as they're directly engaging my drip audience.

That, in itself, was about a weeks weeks of work.

1. 350+ new YouTube videos consisting of live Q&As, top agent interviews, clips from live streams, instructional videos on insurance sales and marketing, etc.
  2. 40+ new articles, focusing on doing "deep dive" reviews of insurance MLMs and other mass-recruiting organizations. Will also contribute more carrier reviews for mortgage protection, annuities, and target some insurance sales related keywords.
  3. Release 2nd editions of The Official Guide To Selling Final Expense and Interviews With Top Producing Agents.
  4. Intentional back link building.
  5. Quarterly in-person sales training events for my agents and prospective agents, and at least one sales training event (possibly more), co-hosting with Cody Askins.
That's it :).

Back