Having a Website Built? Who to Trust and what to Ask.

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have decided to invest in a lead generating website. The problem is that I have no idea how to tell if someone is feeding me a line of crap, charging too much, is actually good at it, is an SEO expert, etc.

I am willing to invest up to $5000.00 but would prefer to stay around $2000.00.

Should I hire a consultant to handle this for me? How do I know if a person is as good as they say they are and can get the ROI that I will need to recoup my money?

I have decided to invest in a lead generating website. The problem is that I have no idea how to tell if someone is feeding me a line of crap, charging too much, is actually good at it, is an SEO expert, etc.

I am willing to invest up to $5000.00 but would prefer to stay around $2000.00.

Should I hire a consultant to handle this for me? How do I know if a person is as good as they say they are and can get the ROI that I will need to recoup my money?

I guess the first question is, how do you plan on generating the leads from site? SEO? Pay per click?

I guess the first question is, how do you plan on generating the leads from site? SEO? Pay per click?

I'm not sure. That is the reason for my post. I know nothing about website building and I need someone that I can speak to that is who they say they are, and can do what they say they can do.

Building a site has nothing to do with getting ROI. It is getting people there, and then once there to actually click and complete your call to action. An organic visitor will convert around 2-5% of the time. That means that you need 100 visitors to get 2-5 leads.

A site should cost you;
A. Free--if you know or learn wordpress,
B. VERY cheap if you find a high schooler that does and you write the content
C. about $1000 for basic, likely stolen, content and design, hosting etc.

If you called me directly and wanted to work with me as your IMO, I would tell you to save your $5k investment, spend a little to get a site up so you have a professional email address and buy traffic, NOT leads and especially NOT SEO. Buying traffic is risky, and you do NOT want to start out with Google or your $5k is gone in a week with nothing to show for it. I have guided many agents that ask the EXACT same question dozens of times successfully with paid traffic. The ones that throw up a site at the urging of a seo firm guaranteeing results, get none.

PICnic is right on point, Unless you are spamming bing/yahoo for SEO, or an SEO agency, Google SEO is a joke. The amount of time/money/effort in order to generate organic leads in volume is ridiculous for most markets, 100% you would see a return much faster with ppc. Hell, if your gonna do PPC, you dont need a website, just a landing page and a professional domain. If you could spend $1k on ppc ads and generate $3k in commissions would u do it?

First question: why do you want a website?

1) Just to have one (credibility reason)
2) Lead generation (meaning key words direct them to your site via pay-per-click)
3) To advertise with (Facebook,Twitter, Linked In, Postcards, etc)

You need to figure out the reason before you start.

PICnic is right on point, Unless you are spamming bing/yahoo for SEO, or an SEO agency, Google SEO is a joke. The amount of time/money/effort in order to generate organic leads in volume is ridiculous for most markets, 100% you would see a return much faster with ppc. Hell, if your gonna do PPC, you dont need a website, just a landing page and a professional domain. If you could spend $1k on ppc ads and generate $3k in commissions would u do it?

Yep.....................

Back