Having Problems Figuring Out LIMRA

Okay, so I logged on and everything. I've completed the anti money laundering but it was through my former employer. I have access to my profile on the site, but how do I figure out my employer's CRD #? Or is it sufficient just to provide the date the anti money laundering training was completed?

Depends on the carrier. The way LIMRA's AML works is your carriers submit your information to them as an appointed producer. You take the course, then LIMRA bills all those carriers that submitted you as an appointed producer so they can view your completion. If you take renewal courses, they have to pay to see each of those as well. So if the course costs $5, and you are appointed through 12 carriers who use their service...they make $60 off you.

As far as proof, some carriers just have you sign a paper certifying you took the course, others will check the info on LIMRA directly, others will want a copy of something. LIMRA doesn't let you print the details so you have to do a screen print then paste it into an email or word document.

Life Insurance Marketing Research Association (or something close). You'll have to go through LIMRA for anti money laundering training/ certification.

Back