HC.gov Ethics or Lack of

Medigap Bill

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
FL & TX
Signed a client up during a SEP with an On Exchange health plan. There was a typo on one of the dependents date of birth.

Before I could get it fixed...Client called the Marketplace to get it corrected and the Rep said they had to run the entire application thru again. While they are at it, they switched the client to another plan and carrier. THEFT.

Each year they make us go through all this CE about rules, ethics, doing the right thing. I guess the independent agents are the only people that actually follow it.

There should be a way to report stuff like this. It's crazy.

--------end of rant

Signed a client up during a SEP with an On Exchange health plan. There was a typo on one of the dependents date of birth.

Before I could get it fixed...Client called the Marketplace to get it corrected and the Rep said they had to run the entire application thru again. While they are at it, they switched the client to another plan and carrier. THEFT.

Each year they make us go through all this CE about rules, ethics, doing the right thing. I guess the independent agents are the only people that actually follow it.

--------end of rant

same thing happened to me last month.....wrong birthrate and when client called to correct said they had to do a new application and some how my name did not end up on the new app.....it was a child app for a $6 a month commish so I just let it go and will rewrite them in nov......

You would think that HC.gov reps earn a commission, since they remove the client-agent association with so much zeal. But, with neither their bosses, or the Health Insurers complaining, they have no incentive to stop. There might even be some rewards for the biggest NPN strippers at the HC.gov call center offices.

Medigap Bill, if your client was transferred to a company that you're licensed with, they probably have a procedure for you to be Agent of Record. Worth checking out.
ac

--------end of rant

Are you sure they were moved to a new carrier?
If so, how do you know that?
Are you appointed with new carrier as Allen says?
Did you use HC.gov to apply, or a WBE like Sherpa?

same thing happened to me last month.....wrong birthrate and when client called to correct said they had to do a new application and some how my name did not end up on the new app.....it was a child app for a $6 a month commish so I just let it go and will rewrite them in nov......

Good point...focus on getting the client back in November.

----------

1. Yes, I went to carriers site (the one I put them with) and checked status in addition to the client telling me they switched them to a different carrier.

2. No. Not appointed with BCBS in FL. I understand they have some crazy clause that basically means your a captive agent for them because you have to offer their products first. I am a independent agent.

3. Used Health Sherpa

Are you sure they were moved to a new carrier?
If so, how do you know that?
Are you appointed with new carrier as Allen says?
Did you use HC.gov to apply, or a WBE like Sherpa?

Back