HC.gov Problems Persist

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Anyone else noticing some major issues with healthcare.gov when dealing with existing or new client ??????

1. 2.5 hours to remove client off joint app since she is going on medicare. First attempt with HC.gov rep kicked him to medicaid, second attempt got him subsidy, but pulled her off as of today (instead of 5/31/14), awarded small APTC, enrolled him in same plan without the tax credit showing up in final submission.

2. Wrote normal SEP loss of coverage with HC.gov online, tax credit amount never sent to BCBS, but they received the app, and without my agent info which was on the app.

3. Tried to add child to existing app, still waiting for file to be sent after 3 weeks (1 hr on phone). Have another one, added child due to medicaid denial, issued originally as mom now going to medicaid or in different "group".

4. Tried adding an apartment number, still no changes done at Aetna (1-2 hr on phone)

Can't get anything done correctly...........who else is having servicing issues? There is no such thing as getting even the simplest things done in under an hour with HC.gov reps (even with no hold time)

I've got issues on both sides

1. Client is not subsidy eligible, but went through healthcare.gov (don't ask!). Healthcare.gov shows $650 in medical and $127 in dental. Carrier shows only $127 due, but no subsidy. We actually sent screenprints from healthcare.gov, carrier acknowledges its on their end, but they can't fix it.

2. Baby born 2/15. Form faxed 2/18. Form uploaded on 3/13. Due to "system restraints" they can't add a newborn. Off Exchange.

3. Individual who is a Native American. 6 kids. First and third born are being kicked out for CHIPS. Other 4 are subsidy eligible. HC.gov is at a loss and we can't get the system to correct. He's SEP eligible due to DUI incarceration. And all the kids health insurance is court ordered.

4. Client was termed (no reason given) at healthcare.gov in February. They have no idea why. BCBS termed them and issued a refund. 4 phone calls later, HC admits its their error and has notified carrier. EXCEPT the carrier can't get the client reinstated back to 1/1 and we've got $20K in claims.

Its not just healthcare.gov. Its the carrier side, too.

Anyone else noticing some major issues with healthcare.gov when dealing with existing or new client ??????

Can't get anything done correctly...........who else is having servicing issues? There is no such thing as getting even the simplest things done in under an hour with HC.gov reps (even with no hold time)

HC.gov put all their resources into enrolling, and that didn't even work acceptably until the last 2 months of Open Enrollment. Servicing clients, paying carriers, communicating effectively with carriers...all the back-end stuff was made low-priority. Minimal hc.gov personnel training and system resource commitment. Big Government can not walk and chew gum at the same time.

Not to mention these problems:
Federal health-care subsidies may be too high or too low for more than 1 million Americans - The Washington Post

----------

I love this comment... as we all know you can't go back in and "edit" or view just 1 section of the application. You must "re-do" the entire app just to see what income you put down.
--------

Under federal rules, consumers are notified if there is a problem with their application and asked to upload or mail in pay stubs or other proof of their income. Only a fraction have done so, according to the documents. And, even when they have, the federal computer system at the heart of the insurance marketplace cannot match this proof with the application because that capability has yet to be built, according to the three individuals.

(I'm #4)

Some interesting statistics were obtained today from HHS by "Judicial Watch" due to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

For example, only 1 person in the whole country enrolled at HC.gov on opening day! haha.

More: Judicial Watch Obtains 106-Page HHS Document Revealing Scope of Obamacare Rollout Disaster
ac

The full extent of the failure, however, is reflected in the details provided by the Judicial Watch FOIA document revelations. They include:
On October 1, there were 43,208 accounts created and 1 enrollment.
It looks like there were 43,000 accounts created by insurance agents just wanting to learn the system....I was about 186 of those accounts created just to try and see the process, who else can account for a bulk of accounts?

Its interesting to see someone is finally catching on to the suspicion that the 8 Million enrolled number counts every enrollment, including dupes (and dupes of dupes).

Then the carriers are reporting 80% have paid, but they are counting live bodies, not enrollments (taking out the dupes), so my guess is, 80-90% have paid, but that is of the approximately 4M actual distinct enrollments.

We'll see.

Anyone else having trouble logging in?

IE won't log in... "web page can't be located"

I've been using Firefox, now it just goes blank like it is waiting. Same result on Chrome.

Back