Heads Up For Agents Writing AARP/UHC Med Supps

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
If you sell the AARP/UHC Med Supp in Fl you know that because of the premium differential between all the plans they offer 99.9% of the time you sell either the plan F @ 179.25 or N @ 129.25 for age 65.FYI for the plan F haters UHC plan F is lower than most carriers plan G and they don't offer plan G or D.

Trying to be a good agent I reccomend the plan N unless their is a specific reason to reccomend F i.e client uses Mayo Clinic doctors in North Fl who don't accept assignment.In the last few years i have had a handful of clients start out with plan N then freak out when they actually have to pay the part B deductible and 20.00 co payment (just like I told them they would) and call me to change to plan F.

No big deal to go from plan N to F with UHC it was just a matter of a phone call from the insured to AARP customer service to change with no underwriting , entry age retained and I would still be AOR.Not anymore

Now if a insured calls the AARP customer service to change plans AARP/UHC will send out a new application without your agent number on it. There is still no underwriting and entry age is still retained.I am getting on the phone to all my plan N policyholders and making sure they are happy with it and also I will not try to sell the merits of plan N to those prospects who where already determined that plan F was the best before I met with them.

Just another reason to try to not sell AARP's product. AARP/UHC are just so anti agent. They are not there to help the agent. They probably do the same with MAPD's. I hope something bad happens to them real soon.

Well that must be a new shift in policy since last month.

I talked with producers help desk and they said I would retain AOR if client changed with inbound call. Funny how they don't include that in their newsletter.

Let's all call in and ask.....complain if true....volume of calls should trigger a notice.

They probably do the same with MAPD's. I hope something bad happens to them real soon.

Its been like that for a while. If you sign someone up with their ppo and switch them to a HMO, you better be the one doing it or you're not the AOR. A couple of companies follow that rule here in FL.

This isn't that difficult guys. Keep in contact with your clients. If a client wants to switch, switch them if you want to keep the commission.
It does suck that all you had to do before was have them call and they could switch but if you don't like it, sell another plan. BCBS is the same price.

The point being they don't TELL THE CLIENT they are losing their AOR. They may do a late night call after a few "pops" for info and they have a new plan with a no name telesales agent. Happened to me during AEP on a T65 (HMO to PPO) and I switched the guy back on the last day, but, of course, lost the front end commission. He was pissed that they never told him he was losing his agent. Filed a complaint, they did nothing. Honestly, I don't know how they justify this. Bust your butt to get a mutual sale, (bring them business they would not have otherwise HAD) and they can't wait to stick it to 'ya. Sorry, that's just not right.

Its been like that for a while. If you sign someone up with their ppo and switch them to a HMO, you better be the one doing it or you're not the AOR. A couple of companies follow that rule here in FL.

This isn't that difficult guys. Keep in contact with your clients. If a client wants to switch, switch them if you want to keep the commission.
It does suck that all you had to do before was have them call and they could switch but if you don't like it, sell another plan. BCBS is the same price.

What trouble me most about this is that I was advocating plan N when the prospect was sometimes already pre sold on F because " that's the plan my friend has and they say it pays everything" I would show them the math and explain unless you go to the doctor more than 22x a year the 600.00 in premium you save, factoring in 147.00 deductible as well, will make this a better plan for you than F

This makes it better for the insured because they save money in premium and their premiums should increase less because they are in a block of policyholders that don't tend to over utilize care like some on the plan F tend to do.This should also make the carrier happy they we " sold " them on plan N because the insurance companies claim experience will be lower.And this should also make the government happy because plan N cuts down on Medicare utilization so the carriers should engourage us to sell the plan N whenever suitable .

I have never had a plan F client call me to switch to plan N but I have had many plan N clients, usually for un - mathematically sound reasons, call me because they decided they want the plan F instead - so F it is I guess.

If you sell the AARP/UHC Med Supp in Fl you know that because of the premium differential between all the plans they offer 99.9% of the time you sell either the plan F @ 179.25 or N @ 129.25 for age 65.FYI for the plan F haters UHC plan F is lower than most carriers plan G and they don't offer plan G or D.

Trying to be a good agent I reccomend the plan N unless their is a specific reason to reccomend F i.e client uses Mayo Clinic doctors in North Fl who don't accept assignment.In the last few years i have had a handful of clients start out with plan N then freak out when they actually have to pay the part B deductible and 20.00 co payment (just like I told them they would) and call me to change to plan F.

No big deal to go from plan N to F with UHC it was just a matter of a phone call from the insured to AARP customer service to change with no underwriting , entry age retained and I would still be AOR.Not anymore

Now if a insured calls the AARP customer service to change plans AARP/UHC will send out a new application without your agent number on it. There is still no underwriting and entry age is still retained.I am getting on the phone to all my plan N policyholders and making sure they are happy with it and also I will not try to sell the merits of plan N to those prospects who where already determined that plan F was the best before I met with them.

Has anyone else confirmed this. Talked to my area rep and she has not heard this is true

Has anyone else confirmed this. Talked to my area rep and she has not heard this is true

Unfortunately this is true (that I have experience with) with uhc and humana. Just recently I had a referral for two spouses about two hour drive. I enrolled then plans were cancelled because they needed to call the toll free number and agree to certain terms. I drove back and called the company and had the clients. Talk to ho and agree (I think they had to agree not to keep their group coverage). Bottom line. The person at the ho re wrote them with his I'd #. I questioned this and was told that I wasn't the AOR. I was so mad I could spit
This seems to be the way of things. As said above stay in contact with your clients. And be sure to watch your back?

Unfortunately this is true (that I have experience with) with uhc and humana. Just recently I had a referral for two spouses about two hour drive. I enrolled then plans were cancelled because they needed to call the toll free number and agree to certain terms. I drove back and called the company and had the clients. Talk to ho and agree (I think they had to agree not to keep their group coverage). Bottom line. The person at the ho re wrote them with his I'd #. I questioned this and was told that I wasn't the AOR. I was so mad I could spit
This seems to be the way of things. As said above stay in contact with your clients. And be sure to watch your back?

It's hard to understand what you are saying but the OP was saying that if you sign someone up to a plan N and they decide they want to change to a plan F that you will not be the agent of record if they just call to switch plans. I called my area rep and she said it wasn't true

It's hard to understand what you are saying but the OP was saying that if you sign someone up to a plan N and they decide they want to change to a plan F that you will not be the agent of record if they just call to switch plans. I called my area rep and she said it wasn't true

I know I rambled. But there appears to be a climate that exists (albeit the incentive for compensation) at the HO. That whenever an opportunity presents itself they will take advantage of it. This is not an isolated case whether my situation or several others in my area that had to change plans last year several cases with other agents fell through the cracks and another AOR ended up with the Caselli must say that whenever (except recent case at this point) the company did reverse the change of AOR to the original agent

Back