Heads Up on Lansoprazole (Generic Prevacid)

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
The Part D plans apparently hate this drug. $100-$150 total cost with the 50% copay. Plus I could only get coverage using the high cost plans.

Went to GoodRX. You can get a 30 day supply at Health Warehouse for $12, Walgreens at $13, Costco at $15.

Clients drug cost for 7/1 to 12/31 went from $615 to $118. (Plus the $12/month) . SCORE

Wow, looked it up and in our area, there are three plans that cover it for under $20/mo supply, but the premium on those plans is $54 or better.

Sometimes I don’t understand medicare.gov.

It states that the full cost is $13 under blue medicare Premier rx. While other companies say it’s over $100 full cost at the pharmacy. Which is it?

"Retail" prices on Mcare.gov for drug plans are "fake prices". This seems to be more true on PDP's that do not have a deductible.

"Retail" prices on Mcare.gov for drug plans are "fake prices". This seems to be more true on PDP's that do not have a deductible.

They aren't "fake" its based on the AWP (Average Wholesale Price) plus the dispensing fee. The AWP is based on the zip code and whatever the PBM's say it is. :)

When I did goodrx (75075), I was getting $150ish for the cash price, then $15 with the coupon.

For my area, I couldn't find any lower tier Part D plans that had it on the formulary at all.

They aren't "fake" its based on the AWP (Average Wholesale Price) plus the dispensing fee. The AWP is based on the zip code and whatever the PBM's say it is.

If you say so.

But I see some pretty wild swings on the "retail" prices when I run reports on Mcare.gov. Ran one recently where the retail price from one carrier was about $200 higher than another carrier.

Seems squirrely to me.

If you say so.

But I see some pretty wild swings on the "retail" prices when I run reports on Mcare.gov. Ran one recently where the retail price from one carrier was about $200 higher than another carrier.

Seems squirrely to me.

In my experience prices on medicare.gov are pretty accurate based on what people tell me they pay in the deductible or gap stage.I have even seen a big difference in the contracted price for the same drug within the same carriers different PDP plans.

I have even seen a big difference in the contracted price for the same drug within the same carriers different PDP plans.

I am not talking the contract (copay) price.

Here is an example.

Duluxetine.

Wellcare $94 (retail) $0 copay
SilverScript $231 (retail) $107

Back