Heads Up on Lansoprazole (Generic Prevacid)

Which pharmacy? I think that's the one that Walgreens came in super low on.

And its NOT squirley. Its the mess known as Big Pharma.

Whoever makes duloxetine is giving a better rebate to Wellcare then SS. So Wellcare has it on their formulary. Which drives more people to use it. So the manufactuers sell more.

Formularys are based on the rebates from the drug manufacturer to the PBM.

CVS

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "big Pharma" or PBM's or sunspot activity have anything to do with the "retail" price.

And FWIW that same report also included Express Scripts

$54 retail and plan copay until deductible satisfied, then copay dropped to $0.

Of course the no deductible SS plan keeps the copay @ $107 the full year.

The Q1 Medicare site talks about negotiated retail drug price rather than just using the term retail drug price.

For example here:
Is a medications negotiated retail drug price the same for every Medicare Part D drug plan?

If this is correct usage in relation to the Medicare system, it would suggest that each "retail price" shown in a CMS PDP cost lookup is a result of some type of negotiations between some unknown number of unidentified parties; not a standard, "across the board", retail price for a given drug set by a drug manufacturer.

The term used on the Medicare cost report is "Total Drug Cost". I never bothered to research it. Didn't matter other than a point of reference to point to and say "See how much you save.".

Only column that matters is "Your cost".

Still think the far right column, no matter what term you use, is bogus.

And I still recommend plans with a deductible more often than not.

Unless someone just doesn't "get it" then I agree with them that the no deductible plan is better suited for them. This is especially true when "all their friends have it and say it is the best".

Back