Heads Up

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Dear Bloggers,

Greetings! We would welcome your support in our efforts to spread the word about the upcoming national PBS broadcast of the film CRITICAL CONDITION as it advances the health care debate that is heating up as we approach the election.

"Critical Condition", airs on Tuesday September 30 at 9pm (90 minutes)*

What happens if you fall sick and are one of 47 million people in America without health insurance? "Critical Condition" by Roger Weisberg ("Waging a Living," P.O.V. 2006) puts a human face on the nation's growing health care crisis by capturing the harrowing struggles of four critically ill Americans who discover that being uninsured can cost them their jobs, health, home, savings, even their lives. Filmed in vérité style, "Critical Condition" offers a moving and invaluable expose at a time when the nation is debating how to extend health insurance to all Americans.

View the film trailer at: P.O.V. - Critical Condition | PBS

*Immediately following the 90-minute broadcast of Critical Condition, PBS’s McNeil/Lehrer Productions will present a half-hour special, “Rx for Change,” exploring the presidential candidates’ proposals for health care reform. Susan Dentzer, health correspondent for The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer, will moderate the discussion, which will include spokespersons for the candidates as well as distinguished health policy experts.

We’ve come up with some ways that you can help us spread the word:

You can post a video banner notice on your web site and/or blog. You can access these notices at American Documentary, Inc. | Pressroom . Critical Condition . Download Banner Ads. You will find a few “low-tech” versions as well as more sophisticated banner notices that allow viewers to see a trailer and streamed video capsules of the four stories featured in the film. If you have questions or need any assistance in accessing these notices, please contact Amanda Nguyen at [email protected] or at 212-989-8121 x318.

We also have a number of free, printed viewer's guides that offer information about health care reform, with valuable information about the presidential candidates' stances on health care as well as some basic facts about the uninsured. Please let me know if you would like some sent to you. Please note that one box contains 125 guides. Attached is a copy of the guide.

You may also eblast your constituents with a simple tune-in notice. You can access an html version of the notice at: P.O.V. | Critical Condition | Tune In

I recognize that you may not be the appropriate person to contact with this information, but if you could lead me to the right department or forward along my email that would be much appreciated. I’m enormously grateful for any assistance you can offer that will help us maximize the impact CRITICAL CONDITION’s broadcast can have upon communities.

Best regards,

Irene Villaseñor, Youth Views Manager

American Documentary, Inc. | P.O.V.

32 Broadway, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10004

(212) 989-8121, extension 319, (212) 989-8230-fax

To check your local PBS stations for broadcast times and view our full TV schedule, visit: P.O.V. - TV Schedule | PBS

Back