Health Agents Finally Earning Commissions Again

One Insurance Company had the guts to take on the ACA all the way to the supreme court and won the ability to continue their sales! This win allowed licensed Health Agents to make a living again, and a good one, but it still needs much work. Most of the large carriers are consulted, but do you really think they speak for an agent? No...insurance companies normally do not look to who creates their income, the sells agents nor does the HHS.

Since the forced, arm twisted, have to vote for it before you can read it, advent of the ObamaCare health care debacle, health agents have been ignored and basically tossed aside for HHS Navigators who are paid $60 plus per hour with no experience or license what so ever. Agents face idiotic rules, regulations and zero commissions, while Insurance Companies lose millions trying to pay claims on the 10 Mandates, 80/20MLR, etc. Designed by E. Emanuel with attempts to head for a single payer system and destroy the free price competitive health insurance market, one company had the guts and challenged the ACA law in the Supreme Court and allowed us this huge opportunity.

While the current HHS is still allowing the "rules", not law, "rules" implemented by the Obama HHS to take effect on April 1, 2017, why would Price's HHS allow this? All the HHS Health Rules that took effect April 1, 2017, mainly limiting STM Health to 3 months in attempts to boost ObamaCare sales.

Either way, agents are resilient as are consumers who cannot afford the ObamaCare lack of choice HMO's, but they can afford the court challenged and won plans and are buying them up like crazy do to the price and their need for insurance coverage.

No one can afford ObamaCare the TWO costs of paying for the premium, if there is one carrier in your state some have none. Plus, the cost to use the huge out of pocket plan deductibles and coinsurance makes having it a huge expense. Its imploding, it was designed to implode and move to a single payer system. We all know there is no government agency that can run efficiently, the free market competition has to be allowed to compete for rates and price.

Why the HHS is still allowing Obama's HHS rules and limitations to take effect example on April 1, 2017 is shocking, why allow those rules to go into effect? I did say rules, not law, rules that can easily be stopped or changed, the HHS needs to wake up Mr. Price!

Last edited:
Why the HHS is still allowing Obama's HHS rules to take effect example on April 1, 2017 is shocking, why allow those rules to go into effect? I did say rules, not law, rules that can easily be stopped or changed, the HHS needs to wake up Mr. Price!

so I take it you are talking about STM.......

Yes, i went back and edited my to fast typing and meanings. The STM market was limited to boost the ObamaCare sales, which failed. The Indemnity Plans are getting very, very good and affordable.
Its all smoke and mirror, we used to have post cards saying there were 43M uninsured, but how many signed up on ACA at most 10 to 12M, even less in 2016 as all carriers began pulling out of markets...Look at the back side of the books on subsidized plans, they are mainly all cancelled, lapsed. One woman did not pay her portion of .75 cents per month, its shocking to see. Most of the below poverty level went to medicaid. The ObamaCare still imploding with no carriers or choices.

Have a good one.
Larry

Larry is correct - as a agent since 2004 who once had 10 different wonderful Major Med plans to offer my clients I jumped into the ACA pool when they all were driven out of the market and Assurant was a ACA carrier offered - the last of the great Major Med PPO's - when they folded I went to "Alternative" coverage and never looked back. In the state of SC we only have ONE ACA carrier - a strict EPO which has very small acceptance and HUGE deductibles - over and over I am told by ACA clients that the hospitals and Drs tell them "oh we don't take THAT BC/BS" - I have 4 different Defined Benefit carriers I offer = add excess Accident - Excess Cancer and CI - all which give my clients huge PPO coverage and add up to less than a non-subsidized Obamacare plan - I have testimonials of clients whose $51,000 hospital bill dropped down to $20k after repriced thru Multiplan PPO and THEN was 100% settled by the Defined Benefit coverage. Agents who just close their eyes to some of the super rich Indemnity and Defined Benefit plans on the market now are just missing the boat and no - they will not trike the critically ill - pregnant or drug/alcohol/ mental cases - but that is not the majority of my insurance buyers anyway. Out of 320 MILLION Americans only 9 million have actually paid premiums for Obamacare - the other 11 million the media touts as "20 million on Obamacare" is the expansion of Medicaid in 26 states - so it is NOT Obamacare but MEDICAID expansion - all which skews the real Obamacare enrollment numbers. The only numbers i see are the ones just posted - that the 2018 Obamacare premiums are slated to increase by 25 - 30% - with VA and MD looking at 50% - with higher deductibles and people "priced out of coverage" to follow - so to help clients I look "outside the box" and get creative - they love me for it - I help them settle claims - and they buy all day long - these plans PAY claims - at least mine do:yes:

Back