Health Choice One?

Re: Health Choice One, Inc.

I talked to a guy here in the Bay Area recently that does GR through AHCP. He said he's done ten or twelve with them this year, and they've messed up the comp (as in his paycheck) on every single one.

Never in his favor though, surprisingly...

That's just the insurance business I think. I have had direct companies mess up my comp too. The more hands on anything, the more chance for error...

I'm through AHCP for GR - never had an issue - significant business also. They are GRs largest broker in the country. Find it hard to believe that as a business practice they short their agent's checks. Dunno

The only complaints I've heard about them is when agents write crap business and end up with a debt balance. If that's the case don't take advances.

To correct something - if you contract through Health Choice One for
GR you do not have a 6 month wait. Scott will release you subject to debt balance provisions. You can confirm with Scott.

How is this possible? I'm pretty familiar with all the guidelines Golden Rule has in place to protect themselves from agents bringing in other agents already producing. I'd like to see how he gets around this.

There has to be 3 months in a row that the agents can not have produced more than 2 apps to switch to a MGA or to a different MGA.

Golden Rule doesn't just allow agents that have been producing and getting paid 18-20% take their business to an agent they have to pay 25%.

If your key broker releases you then you're released. You could have written 20 deals in two months. Most brokers simply won't sign a release - Scott will. The only caveat is if you have a debt balance.

by the way - if you contract direct with GR, write 2 deals in 6 months, then come to find you'd like the advance you're trapped.

This is why I tell all agents if they need or even think they'll need an advance - do not go direct with GR. I have some members trapped under this now. They didn't know advances were an option - just fell onto the GR site, really need an advance but have since written more then 2 deals. They're screwed.

Great system GR has going on over there.

Last edited:

That's just the insurance business I think. I have had direct companies mess up my comp too. The more hands on anything, the more chance for error...

Can't agree with this.

The comp has to be SACRED. Everything else can be wrong...but the comp has to be RIGHT.

It's the one time I'll, kick, scream, and raise absolute holy hell with them 'til they wish they never heard of me. Fortunately, it's a very rare occurence.

I had an issue with GR a few years ago. I went right to the President of GR, called him, and it got straightened out quick.

No problems since.

How is this possible? I'm pretty familiar with all the guidelines Golden Rule has in place to protect themselves from agents bringing in other agents already producing. I'd like to see how he gets around this.

There has to be 3 months in a row that the agents can not have produced more than 2 apps to switch to a MGA or to a different MGA.

Golden Rule doesn't just allow agents that have been producing and getting paid 18-20% take their business to an agent they have to pay 25%.

It's my understanding it's a 6 month wait. Is this a new rule?

Can't agree with this.

The comp has to be SACRED. Everything else can be wrong...but the comp has to be RIGHT.

It's the one time I'll, kick, scream, and raise absolute holy hell with them 'til they wish they never heard of me. Fortunately, it's a very rare occurence.

I had an issue with GR a few years ago. I went right to the President of GR, called him, and it got straightened out quick.

No problems since.

Let me rephrase. **** happens. It doesn't matter whether you are direct to a company or through an IMO, there is always a chance for error.

If someone messes up my comp am I upset? ...sure! But, from my experience, agents complaining about "comp errors" usually have a debit balance.

But, from my experience, agents complaining about "comp errors" usually have a debit balance.

Let me "rephrase" this time...

I don't know what kind of losers you associate with, but in seventeen years in the business, I have never had a debit balance.

The stuff continues because some people shrug their shoulders, take it, and say "sh*t happens".

Let me "rephrase" this time...

I don't know what kind of losers you associate with, but in seventeen years in the business, I have never had a debit balance.

The stuff continues because some people shrug their shoulders, take it, and say "sh*t happens".

Neither have I.

I find it hard to believe that in your 17 years in the business you don't know any "losers" that have had debit balances.

I think you're getting a little worked up... take a sip of your margarita and go chill out in the moonlight.

If my comp is messed up, of course I'm going to say something and I would encourage anyone else to do the same. What I was saying, was the fact that someone is with an IMO, doesn't mean their GR comp is going to be messed up.

And I'm sorry, but things do happen. Once again, you should get it corrected and not put up with not being payed correctly. Typically, when you hear gripes about comp, it's those "losers" with debit balances you referred to earlier.

So, I guess we are really in agreement... The point of my post was to merely state that although more hands are on your comp when you are being paid by an IMO, and problems are more likely, being with an IMO doesn't automatically mean that you will have a comp problem.

I hear an awful lot of people having problems in this business I don't seem to have. Over $700K+ last year, which ain't peeling the paint off the walls but tracking 1.4 mill in new business this year.

I don't have any "compensation" problems or any other problems - AHCP is absolutely a class act - only pikers with chargebacks complain about them.

I love advances - will always take them. If you're getting charged back get out of the business. Your clients should stick like glue.

Back