Health Class? Diabetic UW Help

Mick_Keyou

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm trying to get the proper health class rating for this prospect before I quote them.* Here is what I currently have:

Male NS

DOB: 1-15-1959

5' 11", 195lbs

Michigan resident

Diabetes Diagnosed @ age 51

Rx Name:lisinopril, metformin, levoxyl
For: blood pressure, type 2 diabetes late onset.*Date Started?: 2011

Last A1C rating: 7

He's looking for $500k/20 yr term.

Thanks!

Why not present this information to the insurance carriers you're thinking of and do a little pre-underwriting?

I mean if that's his stats, his weight is OK and his A1C is on target for diabetics so it is possible you could get him at least a standard somewhere.

But I am just guessing as anybody here would be. Try the pre underwriting route.

I'm trying to get the proper health class rating for this prospect before I quote them.* Here is what I currently have:

Male NS

5' 11", 195lbs

Michigan resident

Thanks!

What Larry said. rough guess. T2 to Std depending on ..... If everything else is good That is the range I would give him But may also let him know that we can adjust the face and time if needed if it comes in higher. Manage expectations. I would have the T4 numbers ready as well.

Male NS

5' 11", 195lbs

Michigan resident

Thanks!

Most carriers will offer standard....not a hard case... Just gotta work with right company, and the right underwriter

Thanks for the help fellas. I quoted the Standard to T2 range for them.

Back