Health Commissions

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
I have wrote several health policies and all the clients are young and healthy and so their monthly premiums are mostly less than $100.00 per month. And Im getting as earned and Im receiving commissions of like $20.00 or less. How can someone survive on commissions like that? Im not even paying for my gas by going business to business on those policies. I would have to have 50 policies on the books to even make a $1000.00 a month. What is the average of the policies that you guys are writing?

Depends on the type of marketing you're doing. I'm targeting small business owners who are all between 40 and 60 and most have families - so my premiums are between $3,500 and $5,000 annualized. Rarely do I ever write anyone under the age of 30.

Im doing B to B and getting allot of employees that are signing and not allot of owners. for some reason they are all young and single. I think the oldest person I have wrote is like 29. In fact I just got off the phone and wrote another single 24 year old on a 98.00 per month policy!

That would be a different experience from my B to B marketing. I ask for the owner when I hit businesses and very rarely is the owner under 30. Right now I'm telemarketing small business owners and again, almost all are over 30 and almost all are family deals.

And I'm sorry but it's just killing me; there's no such word as "allot" - it's "a lot."

john_petrowski said:
That would be a different experience from my B to B marketing. I ask for the owner when I hit businesses and very rarely is the owner under 30. Right now I'm telemarketing small business owners and again, almost all are over 30 and almost all are family deals.

And I'm sorry but it's just killing me; there's no such word as "allot" - it's "a lot."

Oh so now you a Agent/English teacher? LOL Thats cool John, thanks for the info!!

Yeah, 20 dollar commissions do suck, but they are usually the easiest people to deal with. They are healthy, do not harrass you with too many questions, and they are more internet savvy, so you can finish the entire deal much quicker. Also, sometimes, carriers run contests and bonuses based on apps, and they count for that, n matter how small they are. Not to mention the fact that they have a lot of long-term potential for you to cross-sell them.

NHB_MMA said:
Golddoor, why aren't you getting the 12-month advance like John?

because he is writing unicare .......but he should be at the 6mo. adv. by now.....

Back