Health/Dental/Vision

danieldyer707

Expert
What do contracted agents do for health/dental/vision insurance for their families? My husband does not get benefits through his employment, and I don't receive it anymore. I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on this matter. I'm a new agent, and I live in California, so some good cheap insurance would do. Although, I've noticed that insurance companies do not sell them in a bundle all together like it would be for group insurance. So any kind of advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Once you realize that dental and vision insurance are not truly insurance contracts you will be better off.

As for health insurance, we have been under a high deductible HSA plan for years.

Look in your local yellow pages under dental plans. You should find some that offer about a 50% discount if you use their dentist, one free exam-cleaning per year and so on. Some will have discounts for eye exams, chiropractors and such also. Check prices, some are about $99.00 per year for a family. You may also be able to sell these plans to?

Look in your local yellow pages under dental plans. You should find some that offer about a 50% discount if you use their dentist, one free exam-cleaning per year and so on. Some will have discounts for eye exams, chiropractors and such also. Check prices, some are about $99.00 per year for a family. You may also be able to sell these plans to?

Yes, I was going to say better just sell them yourself and save the commission. A friend of mine has been selling the American Dental Plan for years. He gets the 35 bucks that the signers pay to start it. 35 isn't much but it's lunch for a week (3 weeks at Micky D's). I think he uses it mostly to get into the house and then moves in for the kill on their other ins.

Back