Health INS Question ???

What life company did you use ?

I was able to get 200K approved for her with Life of the Southwest (w/a 300% rate up).

You failed to say when was the last time this person had credible coverage?

She said that she had coverage thru COBRA after leaving her last employer in October. She said it was sooo expensive for her and her three kids that she just could not maintain the premiums anymore so she stopped paying the premiums in February.

Yea.....I don't think she consulted anyone about it, and I've only known her for about 5-weeks. I think she just got overwhelmed with the cost of COBRA and let it lapse. She has obtained health coverage for the kids since then......so I was just making an effort to try and see if there was "anything" I could do to help her get something for herself since she has become a life (insurance) client for me. Unfortunately, there are times when you just aren't able to help your clients with all of there needs as you would like to.

And unfortunately, Virginia does not offer a guaranteed issue health product (that I am aware of).

Duaine -

AIM is junk.

Already covered on this forum.

And no, it is NOT HIPAA compliant nor does it qualify as creditable coverage.

Or credible coverage either . . . (to use your terms).

Well, sorry that I haven't seen "other coverage" on AIM on the forum as I haven't been around that long.

On what basis do you make that statement? Really curious as I don't want to have my clients involved in any trash.

I don't see in their literature that it isn't HIPPA compliant as a matter of fact it states that it is HIPPA compliant.

In any case if you have something in writing regarding this I would really appreciate seeing it or having it posted.

Thanks!
:cool:

Back