Health Insurance Commission

Hello, so I have a question, and hopefully somebody could answer it, so in 2019 i sold over 500 policies of health insurance thru an GA which was the direct appointment with this company and I was a subagent on the marketplace with ACA this company don't pay directly the agents, they pay the agency and the agency is who pays the agents, I used to work with that GA doing some other office duties since 2016 where I was also getting paid a salary plus my commissions of my policies, the owner of the agency had an stroke and the daughter took over the business with no license or experience at all, in July she told me that she and I were not going to the same direction and that i should go on my own path but on that meeting which was recorded by us both she said that she was going to keep paying me my commissions till the end of the year and she has not paid a single dollar to me yet, I'm already on the process with the lawyer with this but I'm just wondering if anybody here knows what could happens here of if had any experience about this? Thank you

Start with sending her a certified letter stating your understanding of the July meeting, your estimated sales for the year, and a demand for the commission involved in those sales. Might want to use a punctuation mark or two and periods with new sentences make for a more professional note. Give her 10 business days to respond and let her know that you intend to follow through with your demand either through the company or the courts. See how she responds

Start with sending her a certified letter stating your understanding of the July meeting, your estimated sales for the year, and a demand for the commission involved in those sales. Might want to use a punctuation mark or two and periods with new sentences make for a more professional note. Give her 10 business days to respond and let her know that you intend to follow through with your demand either through the company or the courts. See how she responds
She has already received like 2 demands letter from my lawyer and no answer, we had a court day in April and with all the Covid-19 issues its been suspended until further notice.

If the agency owner is not licensed commissions will stop being paid.

Owner has not responded because she doesn't care what happens. If you are waiting on earned commissions to fall in your lap you could have a very long wait.

If you have not yet faced the reality of moving on to something else you should do so now.

Even if you had been paid through the end of 2019 what are you doing now?

If the agency owner is not licensed commissions will stop being paid.

Owner has not responded because she doesn't care what happens. If you are waiting on earned commissions to fall in your lap you could have a very long wait.

If you have not yet faced the reality of moving on to something else you should do so now.

Even if you had been paid through the end of 2019 what are you doing now?
Yes i already moved on, in 2019 I opened my own agency and now I have a direct appointment with all the companies, the daughter got her insurance license but somehow she is still selling insurance policies with the father NPN and that shouldn't be legal.

daughter got her insurance license but somehow she is still selling insurance policies with the father NPN and that shouldn't be legal.

I wouldn't think it was legal.

Many things are not legal but folks still do them and get away with it . . . for a while.

Put that experience in your rear view mirror.

Good luck in your new venture!

Back