Health Insurance Ending/RX Coverage in Michigan?

Rob517

My mother is disabled and losing her COBRA and RX coverage. She is eligible for a group health care plan but we are not sure what options are available to purchase for RX coverage. She is on SSDI in Michigan but not eligible for Medicare as it has not been 24 months since being determined disabled. She was on COBRA from her previous employer and not eligible for an extension.

Anyone have some ideas as to what she can do for RX coverage? She takes several meds a day and was notified today that her COBRA will end the beginning of May.

Thanks for any help or direction,

Rob

What do you mean by "losing" COBRA. It is expiring or is she just dropping it? If she's expiring COBRA then she's eligible for a conversion plan. I also believe Blue Cross in MI is guaranteed issue.

What do you mean by "losing" COBRA. It is expiring or is she just dropping it? If she's expiring COBRA then she's eligible for a conversion plan. I also believe Blue Cross in MI is guaranteed issue.

She has exhausted her 18 month allotment. She was with Priority Health. They did tell her she could get on their group plan but that it does not cover RX. She is also Oxygen dependent so that is another issue.

She's eligible for a conversion plan. Call Blue Cross of MI.

Thank you much. I did some "googling" of that and I found a little more about it. I thought she had to have been covered by Blue Cross when she was employed and through COBRA but I see that is not the case. I know the premium will be high but it will be worth it.

Thanks so much for the direction.

Rob

Back