Health insurance for Crohn's disease

I'll tell ya what - give me a call today at 410-874-7241 and give me the details - I'll call an underwriter for you and find out exactly what the story is and what you'd need to do. Having her get a colonoscopy "could" be a mistake.

John,

Thanks for your advice on the phone last week. She is getting the test tomorrow and we are going to see how it goes from there. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Here is the update:

Had the new colonoscopy and it showed her to be perfectly healthy. Dr. wrote a very positive letter for us.

Here is the last paragraph:

"In summary, I believe that Mrs. XXXX did not have Crohn's Disease, and this is supported by the fact that she has had no symptoms, flare-ups, or need of medication. Also this is supported by the fact that now over seven years later on endoscopic exam, there are no signs of Crohn's Disease. Please consider this change in diagnosis for the patient for future purposes."

How do you guys think underwriters will look at this?

Look at Aetna.

They only do a 6 month look back on pre-ex (at least that is the deal here in GA). If she has not been diagnosed or treated in 6 months you may get a standard offer if no other medical issues are present.

this will be what they call "individual consideration." I think you have a shot.

Thanks for your help with this John. I think we can get her covered now and she will never again be "chained" to group coverage through an employer.

There is nothing worse than stifling your career because you can't get away from group health insurance.

Latest posts

Back