Health insurance in New Jersey

jbsmagic

Ok, here it goes. My business partner and I have a life insurance agency in New Jersey. We do mortgage protection and in our meetings we have run into a number of people asking about health insurance. I am not looking to make health insurance a main part of my agency at this time, but I do know a number of people that are looking for insurance and we look at it as a missed opportunity.

That all having been said, I am not sure where to start. I have looked at HealthChoiceOne and see that it is good for several of the carriers, but does anyone know how to get appointed with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield? Any advice on selling health insurance in New Jersey?

Thank you advance for any help.

The pricing in NJ is ridiculous due to GI - of course politicians do not understand this. Price would be 1/10th or or less if they had underwriting and a risk pool. It would be nice if the politicians in the GI states were held liable for the pain they are causing.

Someone needs to show Obama the BCBS NJ rates.

Last I looked BCBS wouldn't take direct non captive appointments and commission was virtually non existent - correct me if I am wrong.

Look at the BCBS NJ Rates if you want a good laugh:

http://www.horizon-bcbsnj.com/pdf/July08IndRateSheetCLR.pdf

Husband and wife (regardless of age or health) on a $1000 deductible 60/40 plan is.... the low price of.... only...

$3662 PER MONTH!!!!

I dare anyone to tell me GI works at these rates.

My question is how you are going to sell this? How does anyone sell individual in NJ?

Of course Obama knows what is going on. GI means that insurance rates go up, leading to more uninsured. More uninsured leads to calls for nationalized healthcare. In the meantime Obama can go after "evil" health insurance companies for charging so much. Its the M.O. of that party: remember the No Drill Maxine Waters wants to nationalize the oil industry.

But now back to the main point. I am not planning on marketing this per se. I just run across some people looking for it and I am looking to present them with some options. Some of these individuals also own small businesses, opening up opportunities there as well. I have no illusions of selling tons of policies, but even one is better than nothing, correct?

Damn glad I escaped out of NJ. Those prices are ridiculous. I wonder how many uninsureds there are in NJ

NJ is beyond out of control, over taxed, over regulated, freedoms stripped out.

The funny thing is my friends from NJ swear by the place, pride runs very deep in NJ.

Obama wants more uninsured, as do most democrats so they can socialize yet another industry. Once all industry is socialized they will have met their goal.

People forget that free markets and limited regulation = cheap prices. Our schools are so behind people are not learning basic economics.

Husband and wife (regardless of age or health) on a $1000 deductible 60/40 plan is.... the low price of.... only...$3662 PER MONTH!!!!

That rate sheet is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

What do agents get a flat commish for a sale in NJ? Even at 5% that would be a whopping $2197.20 commish. :D

Ok, here it goes. My business partner and I have a life insurance agency in New Jersey. We do mortgage protection and in our meetings we have run into a number of people asking about health insurance. I am not looking to make health insurance a main part of my agency at this time, but I do know a number of people that are looking for insurance and we look at it as a missed opportunity.

That all having been said, I am not sure where to start. I have looked at HealthChoiceOne and see that it is good for several of the carriers, but does anyone know how to get appointed with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield? Any advice on selling health insurance in New Jersey?

Small group health for Horizon has to go through a GA. Horizon IHI can be sent directly to the company ... commish on that about 1-2%. Individual and Small Group sales phone #:1-800-466-2583 ... tell the rep you want to sign on for IHI ... usually just want the usual E&O policy and contract. All other GI IHI companies in NJ require the agents go thru a GA ie: Oxford, Aetna, AmeriHealth.

Personally, I would cut a deal with a broker that does this for a living. You said that this is not your main business, nor are you looking to make it a signficant part of your business. Take the referral fee and leave the headaches to someone else. Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I would cut a deal with a broker that does this for a living. You said that this is not your main business, nor are you looking to make it a signficant part of your business. Take the referral fee and leave the headaches to someone else. Just my 2 cents.

4 years

Back