Health insurance in New York

You will be paying more than $800 per month and any treatment for a pre-existing will NOT be covered for a period of 12 months if you did not have prior creditable coverage.

Last edited:
If you meet certain eligibility criteria there is always Healthy New York (a plan designed for people without access to group health insurance who can meet certain income guidelines and not Medicare Eligible). Again....treatment for a pre-existing condition will not be covered for a period of 12 months. Premiums for Healthy New York are much less than premiums for a regular individual policy in New York.

Healthy NY: Welcome to Healthy NY (Home Page - English)

Last edited:
Apples
Thanks very much for your reply. I did find out about the HealthyNY option for my friend and relayed it on to her. Hopefully she can qualify for as you say other plans are extremely expensive.
-Bill

New York has a horrible system of semi socialized medicine which looks good for the politicians but no one can afford.

One of these days they may wake up and find that free markets and risk pools work better despite not being politically correct at the ballot box.

A COCC within HIPAA should waive the 12 month pre-ex as stated above.

New York has a horrible system of semi socialized medicine which looks good for the politicians but no one can afford.

One of these days they may wake up and find that free markets and risk pools work better despite not being politically correct at the ballot box.

A COCC within HIPAA should waive the 12 month pre-ex as stated above.

Not to mention the flood of government subsidized programs scaled on income - it would shock me if there wasn't some NY program they couldn't qualify for unless they are making buckets of cash.

Although I may be wrong here, NY is not only guaranteed issue but there is no gender or age differentiation either so everyone pays the same rate for an individual policy whether a 21 year old male or a 64 year old female.

:dull:

Latest posts

Back