health insurance industry proposes expansion to cover unhealthy persons

arnguy

Guru
5000 Post Club
An interesting article on this subject was published in Wednesday's New York Times and is available on the HealthDecisions.org website. Basically, it states that the insurance industry is prepared to propose a series of steps that the allow companies to cover many of the currently uninsured at reasonable premiums, even those that have preexisting medical conditions. Very interesting.

An interesting article on this subject was published in Wednesday's New York Times and is available on the HealthDecisions.org website. Basically, it states that the insurance industry is prepared to propose a series of steps that the allow companies to cover many of the currently uninsured at reasonable premiums, even those that have preexisting medical conditions. Very interesting.

They better, before they get legislated on by the government cutting their water.

Good find Arnie. The article, for those interested is here Insurers Seek Bigger Reach In Coverage

I'm all for helping those who are in need and ACTIVELY try to find a solution instead of expecting a hand-out because their lazy. Children and senior citizens should definitely be a priority for all of us. Having said that, I do not have much sympathy for the family with 2 new cars, jewelry and leather furniture and tells me (normally the husband in my experience )they cannot afford coverage. BS!!!! Take care of your wife and children and forget the materialistic things for a bit until you stabilize your income.

I LOVE selling in MD because I can help anybody who is intelligent and has access to money. Look at the image below illustrating the rates for MHIP. Take that 42,43 year old family with 2 kids and they can get a quality plan for $297-$1098 per month and be GUARANTEED that they are accepted as long as they meet (flexible) criteria. This picture doesn't reflect MHIP+ that is even cheaper and available for those with limited incomes.

We need to set some priorities and realize that some people cannot or do now want to be helped.

mhipjc1.png

We need to set some priorities and realize that some people cannot or do now want to be helped.

That's just it... I have been wrapping up my Christmas shopping and these people have plenty of money for all the crap at the malls, but can't afford a $80/mo high deductible catastrophic health plan - Give me a break!

We just had a baby last Sunday and I think we were the only ones that WERE NOT on MEDICAID - Amazing the government encourages and pays for the poorest class of society to continue to reproduce for free - simply amazing. I guess it is guaranteed future votes - they should have to pay their fair share, I saw a girl today with a COACH bag and IPHONE on Medicaid - I rest my case.

Back