Health Insurance Marketing

Insurance sales videos are the fastest and easiest way to differentiate yourself from most agents. Sell the need in less than 5 minutes.... Google "insurance videos" or "webprez"...

I like the responses here on this thread. I believe of you go through online marketing you have a great success. I believe first get the website then go for creating a brand name. I believe then you will have a better marketing revenue.

The important thing to remember, is that unless you start with an established website, it will take awhile for the website to bring in the traffic you need to get your business off of the ground. It's a common misconception to just get a website up and think that solves everything. Sadly, it doesn't. There's a lot of work to be invested.

Last edited:
Get Yourself Out there any way you can! Google Ads are very helpful. Social media is a free advertising gold mine if done right. Accounts like Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/LinkedIN can all offer free exposure and also offer paid ads.

In My experience radio ads do not offer a high Rate of return on investment.

Try linking up with others in a similar situation or more established brokers and offer referral and advertising payments.

Get Yourself Out there any way you can! Google Ads are very helpful. Social media is a free advertising gold mine if done right. Accounts like Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/LinkedIN can all offer free exposure and also offer paid ads.

In My experience radio ads do not offer a high Rate of return on investment.

Try linking up with others in a similar situation or more established brokers and offer referral and advertising payments.

Adam - this is a good point, however if you're just posting into a vacuum and not interacting with other accounts, you're never going to get someone to take notice of you. Just a thought.

On the above who do you recomend to talk to for final expense
on the internet, telemarketing and other marketing adventures.

Thank for that information.. very helpful!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for that information.. very helpful!!!

Shhh, I'll let you in on the secret to prospecting..... many spend years to learn what your going to find out, for free, right now.

Are you ready????

If you go to the grocery store, you can't find a box of 'prospects'. Not generic, not namebrand. I've checked the hardware store, not there either. I've went to a few specialty stores, not in stock there.... You can find some on websites, but the quality and consistency just isn't what you expect.

Bottom line is, there is no secret place for finding prospects. Heck, you listed more than most people try. For some reason, people do not line up somewhere to be sold insurance. I don't know why not, but I think Hillary has promised to fix this if elected president.

Find 2 or 3 things that your comfortable with, that fits your level of knowledge, and work them. Don't spread yourself so thin you can't deal with the business or tell what is working and whats not (or nothing will be working). For instance, radio spots might work (doubtful, but maybe) but you would have to be prepared for 10 lines to ring all at once, and then nothing. Nope, they won't leave a message. If you answered one call, that's all you would get out of the spot. Don't even think about tv commercials.

Somewhere else I had posted a list of things that I've done (or tried to do) to prospect, everything from network groups to little league sports events. You can do a lot of things for very little money, or you can spend a lot of money and do very little, your pick.

I've seen people fail in this business for lots of reasons, but 2 primary ones.... they don't work hard enough (2 hours a day doesn't cut it) OR they spend so much money up front they have to quit to get a job to pay their bills. Be frugal, don't spend a dime unless you can see how you will get your money back.

Think about it.... pole signs - when was the last time you saw a pole sign and thought to yourself "Hmmm, I gotta call and find out how to make money selling houses" or "Hmmm, I gotta call and get me some affordable health insurance"? (sorry arnguy, bad grammar). The ones that do call, call for the wrong reason. Can you get business? Sure, it's been proven, but I've also seen people get heavily fined because their signs weren't permitted properly with the city (ooops, people forget to mention that part).

Think about why you do what you do, what would make you respond to yourself and use those 2 or 3 things until you can do them extremely well. Add another, and then another. Never have more than 5 marketing programs going at once, you'll kill yourself. Always have 2 or 3 (i.e., internet leads, network groups, cold calling).

There are no secrets to success in this business, to many people have been doing it to long. The way to success is through disciplined hard work, with a vision, and a plan to achieve that vision.

Dan

Last edited:
Why would my Agency NOT want me to buy my own Internet leads? I am their Captive working from home and I dont get more than about 5 leads a week...yet they hate me when I suggested buying my own.

Thanks

Shhh, I'll let you in on the secret to prospecting..... many spend years to learn what your going to find out, for free, right now.

Are you ready????

If you go to the grocery store, you can't find a box of 'prospects'. Not generic, not namebrand. I've checked the hardware store, not there either. I've went to a few specialty stores, not in stock there.... You can find some on websites, but the quality and consistency just isn't what you expect.

Bottom line is, there is no secret place for finding prospects. Heck, you listed more than most people try. For some reason, people do not line up somewhere to be sold insurance. I don't know why not, but I think Hillary has promised to fix this if elected president.

Find 2 or 3 things that your comfortable with, that fits your level of knowledge, and work them. Don't spread yourself so thin you can't deal with the business or tell what is working and whats not (or nothing will be working). For instance, radio spots might work (doubtful, but maybe) but you would have to be prepared for 10 lines to ring all at once, and then nothing. Nope, they won't leave a message. If you answered one call, that's all you would get out of the spot. Don't even think about tv commercials.

Somewhere else I had posted a list of things that I've done (or tried to do) to prospect, everything from network groups to little league sports events. You can do a lot of things for very little money, or you can spend a lot of money and do very little, your pick.

I've seen people fail in this business for lots of reasons, but 2 primary ones.... they don't work hard enough (2 hours a day doesn't cut it) OR they spend so much money up front they have to quit to get a job to pay their bills. Be frugal, don't spend a dime unless you can see how you will get your money back.

Think about it.... pole signs - when was the last time you saw a pole sign and thought to yourself "Hmmm, I gotta call and find out how to make money selling houses" or "Hmmm, I gotta call and get me some affordable health insurance"? (sorry arnguy, bad grammar). The ones that do call, call for the wrong reason. Can you get business? Sure, it's been proven, but I've also seen people get heavily fined because their signs weren't permitted properly with the city (ooops, people forget to mention that part).

Think about why you do what you do, what would make you respond to yourself and use those 2 or 3 things until you can do them extremely well. Add another, and then another. Never have more than 5 marketing programs going at once, you'll kill yourself. Always have 2 or 3 (i.e., internet leads, network groups, cold calling).

There are no secrets to success in this business, to many people have been doing it to long. The way to success is through disciplined hard work, with a vision, and a plan to achieve that vision.

Dan
Listen to this man, he has made an honest statement. Your path to success is hard work. The others path to success is convincing you that there is some sort of short cut.

Back