Health Insurance Marketing

As was mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, Social Media is a pure gold mine when it comes to getting in front of the "right" prospects. I am new to this forum and don't want too break the rules so I'm not sure if I can post info about a book or not. My partner wrote the book but I don't make squat from it so I assume it will be ok. If not, I apologize in advance... OK, found out I can't post a link but you can look up the book on amazon: "The social media handbook for financial advisors".
Don't let it scare you that it says "financial advisors" because it works very well for straight insurance agents as well. I personally work with many agents and help them develop their social media presence and advertising and the ROI is unheard of. Good luck

Hi BigMoses777, thanks for your recent post about your friends book, "The social media handbook for financial advisors".

Do you think your friend would be interested in being a guest speaker on one of our webinars to discuss and promote the book? Our video sales system was designed for email and social media sharing, and this is exactly what we need to get across to our customers and potential customers.

Let me know if he's interested. Also, if possible can you/he send us a copy of the book to review?

Thanks,
Michael (WebPrez Videos)

Wow Dan!
A great response to the question. I am studying for my state license now.
I was wondering if you have you tried any direct calling service, i.e. telemarketing to targeted businesses? Someone said agents always want EX dates for work comp and will pay for that. Thoughts?

Insurance agents should work towards getting the trust of the Millennials. They make bulk of the industry’s potential clients as they earn more than their parents, but are wary of banks due to the financial crisis. Worse, they often change banks.
The challenge here is how to get Millennials understand how insurance works and why they need one. Signing them up is just half the battle won, but getting them to believe in insurance and recommend to the peers is a war won.
So we need to capture them in the channel they are now acquainted with: Internet, especially social media. Forget about TV ads, newspaper ads, and signages. Internet marketing is the way to go now. But to win this war, insurance agents should do more than promote, but educate and answer their questions about insurance.

The way to success is to have access to unlimited leads that you don't have to shell out this month's mortgage payment to get. Hard to fail with THOSE kinds of numbers. I no longer ever need to participate in the "lead game". And it feels great! Check out my ABOUT me and my CAREERS page...then make up your own mind. Cheers!

My captive agency insurance friend hires a service to work Baseball games/events and gives away bags or footballs or some other novelty in return for a name/phone number/address for an agent to call. I know she writes SOME of them. She's not a ROI detail type of person to keep track of returns etc. She asked the TM in her office if they remember how much she paid them last year ...she hadn't been keeping track lol. Cracks me up

Business cards are a mini billboard if done right. They are a throw away if not.

Telephone pole signs, yard signs, have got to be the worst marketing idea ever.

Flyers work if hand delivered, not if placed under windshields. I do know people who have gone out in the early AM and affixed flyers to the front door of businesses.

Radio, TV is expensive with low return.

Pens, magnets, etc are fine but you can probably get more bang for your buck in other ways.

Internet leads require a lot of skill & picking the right company. You might want to avoid that until you have the cash and ability to make it work for you.

I don't have much nice to say about business cards because the most prominent thing on my business card is my firm logo and so I'm thinking that the person I give a card to will likely remember the big agency name and not mine, even though I was the one they engaged with first. If they call in they won't ask for me anyway because all they can remember is the company logo. Has anyone else had that experience? It's hard to think about all the cards I share (upon request) at a networking event....and no direct calls to me. :(

Vivial Media used to own the yellow pages years ago, now is mostly all digital. Reach consumers who are actively searching for your business category on line. A 3 page website is $39 a month, but you have to promote it. Search Engine Optimization that will get you to the top of a search within your zip codes is about $75 a week. You'll get a few leads a week IF you have content and you look like a real business. Content - a website, FBook, articles, blogs, they all help you get a higher rank with search engines so your biz will populate when your key words are entered by potential customers. Search Engine Marketing (listings at the top of Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) that are indicated as an AD can cost about the same, but about 20% of people only click on the Ad portion of listings, but the also have more intent to buy the product they clicked on. FBook can also add in data segments of intent and interest within your biz category (as well as geo), and can be a nice addition after you get up and running a bit more. Happy to help with more deets if you want. :)

Latest posts

Back