Health Insurance-outside of Marketplace

And I know that but even with my current ACA Humana Plan I would pay $320,000. My only hope is that Cigna or Oscar will have plans that include my doctor. I know that Cigna will offer only one Gold Plan.... so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And I know that but even with my current ACA Humana Plan I would pay $320,000. My only hope is that Cigna or Oscar will have plans that include my doctor. I know that Cigna will offer only one Gold Plan.... so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

$320K????

You lost me. How much is your premium? Max OOP is $7150 in 2017 (and $7350 for 2018)

Thank you kgmom219. I appreciate your response.

With this point....
(2. You don't need insurance for your doctor visits. You have the cash flow to maintain that relationship.)

I wanted to self pay for my doctors services and lab work but they said that since you have a ACA plan we don't accept you cant self pay. Though, if you tell us that you have no insurance at all then you can self pay. Crazy!

I will definitely look into the HSA eligible plans. Again, thanks for taking the time to educate me.

Everyone is in scramble mode and we'll be dealing with lots of agent misrepresentations of products this year. Follow kg mom's advice

I read that the Tennessee Insurance commission will make the approved ACA plans public on October 5th. I so hope that my local hospital (Williamson Medical Center) will be included in at least one plan.

Last edited:
I work for and love USHEALTH Advisors. With that said....if you have prior history of cancer, diabetic, and high BP, if you can afford (even if you don't like the premiums) an ACA plan, I would do that.

Like you and others have stated, you can afford to self pay at the doctor office or a lab work here and there. If you cannot afford an ACA, by all means go with the USHEALTH Advisors agent you have been in touch with because in my "personal opinion" it is a very good guaranteed issue plan outside of the ACA.

Yes I can afford to self pay my doctor fees but was told that since I do have ACA coverage that my doctor doesn't accept they won't let me self pay. So, can I have double coverage meaning an ACA compliant plan and a USHealth plan which would allow me to see my doctor?

Yes I can afford to self pay my doctor fees but was told that since I do have ACA coverage that my doctor doesn't accept they won't let me self pay. So, can I have double coverage meaning an ACA compliant plan and a USHealth plan which would allow me to see my doctor?

You get that the problem is your DOCTOR. Right?

The doc hates ACA so much that because you are retired and choose to have the only legal option available he doesn't want you or your money.

You get that, right?

I've seen this more frequently in the last year or so here in California.

Doctor's office won't accept Covered CA. Office won't accept cash payments from patients who have Covered CA health plan, even if wiling to pay.

Have to assume there is a reason for this beyond just the provider not liking ACA.

And some doctors get to choose their patients. Some people like and say they don't have insurance so they can pay cash.

Us health and insurance in same sentence is not allowed.

Latest posts

Back