Health Net Overpaid Agents

mickeyma

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just received a call from my regional account executive informing me that
Health Net did an audit and found that it has overpaid MANY agents.

My debit is listed at $20,000.

Any other agents on the forum receiving this information and any ideas how we can fight this?

My RENEWALS dropped in half when the switch was made to the Cal MediConnect dual eligible plans in California despite submitting an additional 75 policies. And Health Net forced the dual eligible beneficiaries to switch to the Sapphire Plan and then the Sapphire Plus Plan, which I'm sure scared them into going back to their original Medi-Medi enrollment.

As you know, since these are MA plans, it is illegal for an agent to contact them.

It wouldn't have mattered since HN failed to inform me which beneficiaries had terminated their plans.

Just received a call from my regional account executive informing me that
Health Net did an audit and found that it has overpaid MANY agents.

My debit is listed at $20,000.

Any other agents on the forum receiving this information and any ideas how we can fight this?

My RENEWALS dropped in half when the switch was made to the Cal MediConnect dual eligible plans in California despite submitting an additional 75 policies. And Health Net forced the dual eligible beneficiaries to switch to the Sapphire Plan and then the Sapphire Plus Plan, which I'm sure scared them into going back to their original Medi-Medi enrollment.

As you know, since these are MA plans, it is illegal for an agent to contact them.

It wouldn't have mattered since HN failed to inform me which beneficiaries had terminated their plans.

What is there to fight? If they overpaid an agent, then that agent owes the money back.

I can't speak for anyone else but I track all of my commissions really carefully, by client, by month-if I had ever been paid an extra $20K by a company over any length of time it would jump off the page at me long before any potential notification.

I can't speak for anyone else but I track all of my commissions really carefully, by client, by month-if I had ever been paid an extra $20K by a company over any length of time it would jump off the page at me long before any potential notification.

Having been on both sides of the fence, I can say that agents rarely question the extra money but they will jump when they are shorted! Been there, done that!

I had an agent just the other day that was calling about a particular company charging him back on several policies at once. He mentioned in the phone call that he kept up with his clients very well and also watched his commissions very closely. When we called the company and found out they had paid him on someone else's business he got livid that they just come all at once and charged him back for it. Once we got off the phone, he was still livid, but I asked him straight up....why didn't you have a problem when they paid you on business that wasn't yours? Why didn't you call the company then. He claimed he didn't know anything about it. I then pointed out that he had mentioned earlier about how closely he watched commissions, so I was calling his bluff about the extra, almost $4K that he had gotten. Even if he didn't watch his commissions that close, an extra $4K in the bank account is a bit noticeable!

Having been on both sides of the fence, I can say that agents rarely question the extra money but they will jump when they are shorted! Been there, done that!

I had an agent just the other day that was calling about a particular company charging him back on several policies at once. He mentioned in the phone call that he kept up with his clients very well and also watched his commissions very closely. When we called the company and found out they had paid him on someone else's business he got livid that they just come all at once and charged him back for it. Once we got off the phone, he was still livid, but I asked him straight up....why didn't you have a problem when they paid you on business that wasn't yours? Why didn't you call the company then. He claimed he didn't know anything about it. I then pointed out that he had mentioned earlier about how closely he watched commissions, so I was calling his bluff about the extra, almost $4K that he had gotten. Even if he didn't watch his commissions that close, an extra $4K in the bank account is a bit noticeable!

What's scary is they make these screw ups and some carriers make it very confusing on the statements.

My only issue with carriers making a mistake is the length of time it takes them to correct it. Take a carrier like Blue Cross Blue Shield for example, they pay commissions once per month. I've had them take up to three pay cycles to pay me after I've made them aware of a mistake. Not a single employee would tolerate that. I always ask them how'd they'd like to come in for work on the day you're supposed to get paid and they didn't give you a check? Needless to say they wouldn't be happy. But that doesn't change how long it takes to get corrected.

Admittedly, I don't check my commissions like I should. I will typically check commissions for apps submitted during AEP just to make sure I'm getting paid on new enrollments. And I will occasionally spot check Med Supp and MAPD renewals. But I still think I'd notice an extra $20k. The only thing I can think of after pondering Mickey's situation again is he was paid on cases that he thought were still in force and then after the fact was notified of their cancellation (and even then only because of the charge back). I could be wrong about that though.

Back