Health Sherpa 2016 Open Enrollment

At this point I actually trust Health Sherpa with keeping my NPN attached to an application more than going directly through the marketplace.
The past few SEP apps through Sherpa have gone through perfectly fine - the past 2 applications that required a 3 way call to that marketplace resulted in my NPN being "mysteriously" removed from the app.

I look at the fee as a cost of doing business. One month's commission is completely worth it, to not deal with glitches and slow-downs. Also, I have clients that are not interested in creating accounts with .gov because they KNOW their personal information is not secure. Whatever. The Sherp is cheap and quick. I can do an app over the phone in 5 minutes, or even better- send them a link to do it themselves!

Now that health insurance is becoming a commodity and more of a volume game, I'm going to do whatever needs to be done to get more apps in, in the shortest amount of time.

How do you guys that are using Sherpa or ACA Express doing renewals-tax credit renewals. With the insurance company's direct enrollment you don't need to create an account on Healthcare.gov, but you do get redirected there where you pick up the 2015 app to turn it into a 2016 app and keep the same application number. Does it work that way with Sherpa or do they create another application ID number? Having to do renewals is awful, I wish the insurance companies would do it.

How do you guys that are using Sherpa or ACA Express doing renewals-tax credit renewals. With the insurance company's direct enrollment you don't need to create an account on Healthcare.gov, but you do get redirected there where you pick up the 2015 app to turn it into a 2016 app and keep the same application number. Does it work that way with Sherpa or do they create another application ID number? Having to do renewals is awful, I wish the insurance companies would do it.

I do a complete rewrite at the Sherp. 10 minutes and done is way easier than dealing with hc.gov. New application ID.

Back