Health Sherpa 2016 Open Enrollment

It's not a rewrite with healthcare.gov nor is it a rewrite with the insurance company's direct enrollment. All you do is find the 2015 application, its' already populated with all the info from prior year except the "will you file a tax return" question, scroll through, make changes if necessary and pick the plan. Same application ID number and the client doesn't have multiple applications sitting around. That's the way you are supposed to do it, not create multiple applications. You don't need to use HC.gov as I know you guys hate - you use the insurance carrier's direct enrollment.

Last edited:
Hello! We are at $10 per app. If you have a recent $25 charge, let us know at [email protected] and we'll refund the difference.

Thanks,
Ning

If ACA Express lives up to it's expectations, it seems to be the best deal on the block (considering the Pro Express which gives you 75 free each month).
Sherpa is going to charge $10 per app during open enrollement and if you do the math that would be $750 for the 75 free ACA equivalents and that's 75 per month.
So lets consider the 3 months open enrollment and you wrote 75 apps/month,you'd be paying $450 for 225 apps (75 x 3) versus $2250 with Sherpa. Looks sweet to me!
At this point the plus for HS is that almost immediately you get the eligibility results in your inbox which verifies acceptance. I've asked ACA Express if they do something similar with the new platform but "no response".
Sherpa should offer something more competitive at this point that ACA Express new platform is viable.

At this point the plus for HS is that almost immediately you get the eligibility results in your inbox which verifies acceptance. I've asked ACA Express if they do something similar with the new platform but "no response".

I love this "instant result" that Health Sherpa delivers too. It's nice to see the FedGov approval arrive to my in-box while the client is still sitting there, amazed by how his broker cut through all the HG.gov red tape! Health Sherpa attaching the client's Marketplace Application and the Official Results letter to the "Congratulations!" e-mails is really nice..and important too. I always advise the client to print out both, read them, follow any instructions to follow-up, and file. Most likely, both of these items will be needed again.

10,000? It depends how many agents you have doing the enrollments. How do you handle that many when they start losing their tax credit because they didn't send in their additional info.

Hello! I wanted to mention a few items related to the comments above:

1) We automatically email your consumers with follow up requirements, and we give them a simple way to upload. We substantially reduce lapses due to eligibility verification issues this way.

2) We will have a simple renewal process in place soon that sets up the renewal correctly in the federal system - no more duplicate applications, etc. For your consumers that went through HealthSherpa last year, this also means a substantially shortened enrollment process.

3) If you anticipate a large volume, let us know at [email protected]. We had many agencies last year enroll over 5k+ (some over 10k). We've specifically built features to make managing large agencies easier.

4) For agents without an existing upline or GA: we offer HealthSherpa for free to sub-appointed agents. Let us know at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!
Ning

p.s. we have a few other things in the works - more announcements soon

Point #2 is KEY...........didn't think about time reduction possibility for re-enrollment with current Sherpa clients.

I'm not really interested in using the WBE with the lowest cost as long as everything is close, even at $10 per application there isn't enough cost for a few hundred apps during OEP to really impact my bottom line.

I am interested, though, in working with the most reliable and efficient.

At this point in time the clear leader, for me, is Health Sherpa, and I'm interested in seeing their upcoming enhancements.

I'm not really interested in using the WBE with the lowest cost as long as everything is close, even at $10 per application there isn't enough cost for a few hundred apps during OEP to really impact my bottom line.

I am interested, though, in working with the most reliable and efficient.

At this point in time the clear leader, for me, is Health Sherpa, and I'm interested in seeing their upcoming enhancements.

Agreed 100%

Cost is not my 1st consideration when choosing a WBE.

Functionality/ease of use for the client is paramount for client facing enrollment portals.

Back