Health Sherpa 2016 Open Enrollment

Have you guys used HS and another WBE or are you just satisfied with HS so no need?

Our agency is trying to make a decision right now for OE (previously used DE or carrier direct this year but as you know that is time-consuming) but I do not fully understand what is going to happen to clients who were registered/enrolled directly with healthcare.gov for 2015 (or through 3-way call for those without emails). Or carrier direct for that matter.

A few questions:

1. Will there be a new application id number assigned completely for people who previously had a hc.gov account and used it to sign up for an on-exchange plan in 2015?
2. Will we be able to pull their old app ID from 2015 into HS and then update their 2016 info through HS or other WBE?
3. Will their old 2015 coverage automatically be termed if I were to go through HS for 2016 coverage?

Last edited:
Just hope my carrier's renewal payments are enough to cover the $10 to renew....Hate to lose money or break even on renewals.

Agreed 100%

Cost is not my 1st consideration when choosing a WBE.

Functionality/ease of use for the client is paramount for client facing enrollment portals.

I'll third that since you seconded (is that a word) FLM2's post. And I don't do near the volume of ACA business that some of you do. I stopped marketing health insurance several years ago. But I still get referrals and I still have to take care of my existing client base. If HS remains simple and efficient, I don't mind the $10. Don't get me wrong, if I were doing hundreds of applications I'd be asking Ning for a discount. The ACAExpress deal is much cheaper for higher volume people, but the question still remains is it as simple and efficient as HS.

This and every year going forward....

Open Enrollment needs to start sooner. Flipping existing clients takes away from finding/enrolling new ones. The FAST enrollment feature used by our two favorite Web Broker Entities will be more important than ever.

I am still waiting to be paid for last Obamacare, I had to hire an attorney. It's very sad that agents study hard for their license and it's all about compliance but when it comes to the agents being paid there is no help at all!!! If politicians were waiting a year to be paid or never I am sure action would be fast and furious!

I am still waiting to be paid for last Obamacare, I had to hire an attorney. It's very sad that agents study hard for their license and it's all about compliance but when it comes to the agents being paid there is no help at all!!! If politicians were waiting a year to be paid or never I am sure action would be fast and furious!

If you haven't been paid it means you made the mistake of assigning commissions to your upline and you will have a tough time collecting, if they haven't paid you yet then they are crooked and will be tough to track down.

They have already been paid by the insurance company.

If you haven't been paid it means you made the mistake of assigning commissions to your upline and you will have a tough time collecting, if they haven't paid you yet then they are crooked and will be tough to track down.

They have already been paid by the insurance company.

Unless the NPN was removed.

Back