Health Sherpa New Portal For Agents Working On the Exchange

Have not seen it personally, but a buddy of mine tested it and said it was fast. Basically they eliminate all the "click and wait" you do on HC.gov. It's basically 3 pages to apply - 5-10 minutes at most.

One concern would be the fact that is no account creation, so there is no way to go back in unless you do a 3 way call.

I'm waiting until someone posts on here that they did one successfully and are happy with the process.

I'm waiting until someone posts on here that they did one successfully and are happy with the process.

...AND that we (the agents) are listed as agent-of-record at the insurer's website and the commission payment(s) are directly from insurer to agent, just as they are now.

Anyone here willing to be the tester and report back in a month or two?
ac

After testing the system, here are our findings.

No place for client to “e-sign”, only a check box. Will be necessary/recommended to have some recorded screen share program

Pros:
*Fast enrollment – 5-10 minutes
*Three page application (no “click and wait” for pages to load like on HC.gov)
*Dashboard showing “pending” apps
Once it changes to “submitted” – subsidy, client premium, eligibility notice, and screen shot of application appear
*Dashboard shows CSR % with name of plan and client’s name
*The “eligibility notice” pdf is emailed to client a couple hours later with a screen shot of the submission

Cons:
*Logo importing does not appear to work (when you try, it denies the request)
*No HC.gov account was set up, so you cannot upload required docs.

SIDE NOTE:
You as agent get an auto-responder from healthsherpa which does not reference the agent and appears to drive referrals to healthsherpa directly. This is not what the client gets. Client gets email with your contact info and your email in the reply email address. Your agent info is listed at the end of the email with email and phone number.

At this point, waiting to see if it shows up on the 834 form from the marketplace.

You as agent get an auto-responder from healthsherpa which does not reference the agent and appears to drive referrals to healthsherpa directly. This is not what the client gets.

OK, I am confused.

If referrals are sent to HS but you and the client are the only ones getting the email, what is the purpose (of the referral)?

After testing the system, here are our findings.

No place for client to “e-sign”, only a check box. Will be necessary/recommended to have some recorded screen share program

Pros:
*Fast enrollment – 5-10 minutes
*Three page application (no “click and wait” for pages to load like on HC.gov)
*Dashboard showing “pending” apps
Once it changes to “submitted” – subsidy, client premium, eligibility notice, and screen shot of application appear
*Dashboard shows CSR % with name of plan and client’s name
*The “eligibility notice” pdf is emailed to client a couple hours later with a screen shot of the submission

Cons:
*Logo importing does not appear to work (when you try, it denies the request)
*No HC.gov account was set up, so you cannot upload required docs.

SIDE NOTE:
You as agent get an auto-responder from healthsherpa which does not reference the agent and appears to drive referrals to healthsherpa directly. This is not what the client gets. Client gets email with your contact info and your email in the reply email address. Your agent info is listed at the end of the email with email and phone number.

At this point, waiting to see if it shows up on the 834 form from the marketplace.

I'm fine with a delay in the HC account, if its reasonable. 24 hours? 48 hours? Its not going to be real time.

Can you keep us posted? Thanks for being first! I'm very interested in this option.

I called to speak with them and no one was available, I am really suspect since they are an Insurance Agency now.

I called to speak with them and no one was available, I am really suspect since they are an Insurance Agency now.

I don't think they are an insurance agency. I did some research and I think its a startup and they are running it out of their house. The owner has 2 jobs, check him out on Linked In.

I want to know what happens a week later with the app. And a week after that with the feed to the carriers.

I want something in writing that they aren't stealing my clients. (Which probably won't do any good, but it will make me feel better)

For this year, I will probably use them on my webpage and also to send to people when I have run out of time. But not for people I am running the clients on via join.me

Back